• I don't know

Votes: 35 18.0%

• Total voters

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
@heavenlykaghan

I forgot about your "smart" comparison of the relation between subject and object with that between right and left. Right and left don't exist except in relation to a third which is the point of reference, which is the "point of reference" that makes possible the subject vs object correlativity?

Last edited:
Aug 2012
Italy
I am pretty sure there is nothing after death. The reason is : There was nothing before my birth so there will be nothing after my death. I find it a very challenging task to believe in souls or anything else beyond this physical world. Our senses and logical tools have evolved and we can use these tool to fantasise about after life. The fact is there was nothing before our life so after this life there be nothing !

Last edited:

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
@heavenlykaghan

Gellu Naum reciting his Torsiunea lui Möbius/Möbius strip:

Mâna mea stângă şi ochiul meu drept
mănuşa mea stângă şi gheata mea dreaptă
lampa mea dreaptă şi calul meu stâng
mărul meu stâng şi glasul meu drept
haina mea dreaptă şi urechea mea stângă
pălăria mea stângă şi urechea mea dreaptă
cheia mea dreaptă şi covorul meu stâng
etc... etc...

My left hand and my right eye
My left glove and my right boot
My right lamp and my left horse
My left apple and my right voice
My right coat and my left ear
My left hat and my right ear
My right key and my left carpet
etc. etc.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
One argument against the reincarnation theory is the difficulty to explain where the souls of today living people, about 7,4 billions, come from (on the premise of the existence of "souls"). For example, in the 1st century CE there lived about 300 million people on Earth. In the MA it was about 500 millions. So the MA population has increased by almost 16fold since then. Where come the billions of souls from which are living today, in case they have incarnated?
If you are a Hare Krishna ... you have a zillion other planets out there to choose from ;)

(apparently 'some other planet somewhere' is becoming a less popular destination and Earth a more popular one ... could be fashion :D

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
the hypothesis of reincarnation is not based on just people,and it is based on souls,and according to hindus(atleast AFAIK) every living being has a soul,this includes animals as well.
Oh so reincarnation is the culprit ! Here I was thinking that as we devolved to destroying more and more environment and animal numbers and even species because we spread over the planet is wrong ... its actually that all the animals evolved spiritually and turned into people .

:D

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
In what way does this answer the question where the billions of today human souls in case of reincarnation come from? From animals :)? If so, which kind of animals? To get together the whole number (17 billions) you would have to recourse even to insects... And would such an explanation not divide mankind into two classes - the one stemming from humans, the other one stemming from animals?
Protozoa ... microbes ?

My answer is - the billions of human souls came from the billions of human people that were born. The soul is a function of and generated from the human organism - it is what specifically distinguishes us as human .

Unfortunately for some, who link soul with ego, this means that soul dies, and does not survive death, like ego . As a function of the organism, it also does not survive death.

Actually the idea of life after death is moot as death is the definition of the end of life. What the issue seems to imply is twofold ;

What actually constitutes 'life' ? ( eg. Does a postulated ' floating / detached' aware 'consciousness' fulfill the definitions for life ? )

Does any part of human consciousness or awareness survive death ?

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
I will throw this into the mix for fun .

We LIVE with the perception of lineal time - but time itself may not be lineal at all . A near death or dying experience seems to effect the way consciousness operates . Maybe it effects the way we perceive time . 'My whole life flashed before my eyes ' is a classically repeated phrase.

Now, if we go into a state as our brain is dying where we become consciously 'timeless' and experience our life's memories and fantasies (and also perhaps attractants and repellents , fears and hopes ) all play out .... in a 'timeless' way and we think experience and believe it is 'going on forever' (even if it is a mere moment in 'real time' ) and it appears we are living in another (or coming back to a similar) 'realm' ....

(which, by the way, is what the more complex death teachings, in their own ways, outline )

... if we do 'really' go on to live forever or live again, or it is 'timelessly imagined' - does that really make any difference (to us ) ?

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Oh so reincarnation is the culprit ! Here I was thinking that as we devolved to destroying more and more environment and animal numbers and even species because we spread over the planet is wrong ... its actually that all the animals evolved spiritually and turned into people .

:D
well.the crux of the post was rather that reincarnation theory has a workaround this problem.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
well.the crux of the post was rather that reincarnation theory has a workaround this problem.
Yeah .... but it doesnt really work as ... what are all the stacked turtles standing on ?

In other words ... where did all the souls in those animals come from in the first place to supply all the souls for all the human population expanding over the earth ? And what about all the 'spiritual mess' and 'sin' and materialism nowadays ... a lot of people should be re incarnating back as animals .

Thats why I think, s far as things like this go, the H.K.s have a better (or more shifty ;) ) reason in the 'other planets' theory .

1539289439098.png

Make it 'easy' - people will love it !

Similar History Discussions