• I don't know

Votes: 40 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Closed

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
As a Christian, I believe in an afterlife. Those who have accepted Christ's sacrifice on their behalf will join Him in Heaven. Those who reject Christ will spend eternity in Hell.

Being good or evil has nothing to do where one spends eternity. Works has nothing to do with it. Eternal life in Heaven depends solely upon the works (sinless life, death and resurrection) of Jesus Christ, and His perfect righteousness.

As the old Christian hymnal says "I need no other argument, I need no other plea, it is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me."
How can a being be "perfectly righteous" if he condemns billions of people to Hell for all eternity because of something they did (or did not do) during their very brief lifespan... especially those who were not even aware of the christian message....

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Apologies if the question has already been addressed in the 60+ previous pages...

But where does the belief that there is life after death, originate from ? After all no evidence of that has ever been provided by/to anyone... At best we sometimes dream of our dead loved ones, but then we dream of many strange things...

And what is the explanation for the lack of interaction between those who allegedly live after death and the living ?

Todd Feinman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Apologies if the question has already been addressed in the 60+ previous pages...

But where does the belief that there is life after death, originate from ? After all no evidence of that has ever been provided by/to anyone... At best we sometimes dream of our dead loved ones, but then we dream of many strange things...

And what is the explanation for the lack of interaction between those who allegedly live after death and the living ?
In the afterlife, the big guy tells them the truth about how whackadoodle we all are and they want nothing more to do with us. Except for a few spirits with agendas or problems. :D

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
This predisposition--- how does it arise in the mind ? Why the instict of self preservation should be there at all in all living beings ? Why would animals mate when there was nothing related to self preservation in the acts of mating ? After all animals do not know beforehand that mating could result in the female getting pregnant and producing offsprings ? Many acts of mating do not necessarily result in the production of offsprings.
Surely because those with a little more instinct for self-preservation (eg imagining the lion rather than the wind) , or a slightly stronger instinct to mate, would tend to produce more off-spring and thus their characteristics are more likely be passed on. Namely evolution.

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
How can a being be "perfectly righteous" if he condemns billions of people to Hell for all eternity because of something they did (or did not do) during their very brief lifespan... especially those who were not even aware of the christian message....
Strange isn't it, when he was alive he taught the forgiveness of enemies and all injuries, turning the other cheek, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you".
Now apparently one is to be condemned to eternal torment for holding the wrong belief.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
In the afterlife, the big guy tells them the truth about how whackadoodle we all are and they want nothing more to do with us. Except for a few spirits with agendas or problems. :D
Well, over time there would be at least a few who would want to come back...... people are strange.....

But no one has

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Which begs the question: how about amazing ugliness ? who is responsible for that ?

also why did this designer allow for all kinds of unpleasant sicknesses, pain and suffering ?..... Surely a competent designer would have avoided illnesses all together, as well as decay due to aging....
That's your view which may not tally with the designer's views.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
I figured I would make another post so that the number of comments wouldn't equal "666" the mark of the beast.

Yeah, I know I'm somewhat superstitious but still. LOL!

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Surely because those with a little more instinct for self-preservation (eg imagining the lion rather than the wind) , or a slightly stronger instinct to mate, would tend to produce more off-spring and thus their characteristics are more likely be passed on. Namely evolution.
You have not answered my question as to why and how does the instict for self preservation arise ? Why and how, please answer that.
By the way recent views about the Darwinian theory are that it might be true in respect of macro-changes in living beings e.g. from Chimpanzee to Man but it may not be true in respect of micro-details in the development of organs in the human body , for example.

holoow

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania
Also those who look at women with lust will go to Hell. So we all will go to Hell. Save some ill people.
Ones who have sexual thoughts inside their head will also go to Hell.

Last edited:
Status
Closed