Votes: 40 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Closed

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
As the poster Dreamhunter has identified human biochemistry with human consciousness, the entire normal
humanity having same biochemistry will have the same consciousness. And that does not make sense.
I never said that the entire humanity have 'precisely the same 100% identical biochemistry'. Check back on my posts.

Both you & I, and all people, are running on & operated by biochemistry, as are also all other Earthly life forms. Just like all automotive vehicles are running on & operated by physicochemistry. But we're not all 100% spot on identical, even in biochemistry. Your hormones & enzymes very probably do not match mine with exact precision. This is called diversity.

Ditto with cats & chimpanzees. And even also with cars.

Last edited:

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
Souls can reside in non-human living beings, too, whether animals or plants or microbes. And as the literature says" Like sparks bursting forth from a fire which ascend and then go out and fall back into the fire as ashes, we are all born, live and die and are reborn." Maths of souls is not a problem for God, I think.
This is just you repeating something that you have read, and persuading yourself that it is all absolutely true, without even the tiniest grain of doubt.

And you yourself are now signing off with the escape clause, 'I think'. Because even you know inside your heart that it's not something that can be methodically proven, even to the slightest extent.

But if that works for you, okay, all well & good. More power to you. But that does not have to mean that it also works for everybody else.

Last edited:

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
The many instances of possible rebirths have been researched by a number of researchers , among them Dr.Ms.Pasricha of the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences. She has found that quite a few are true.
If 150 years from now, I have a great great great great grandson who looks very closely similar to me, and also happens to have certain particular quirks & idiosyncrasies that might remind some guys of me, they could call him a so called 'replica' or 'carbon copy' of an ancient Dreamhunter, or they could also call him a 'reincarnation' of Dreamhunter. Guys can use whatever terminology they like. More power to them.

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
The number of Near Death Experiences reported in the concerned literature point to the possibility of Consciousness being active though detached from the body.
Hallucinations. Due to lack of oxygen reaching the brain during near-death moments.

Hallucinations can also happen with excess oxygen. Like occurs during intensive meditation. Guys seeing demons, monsters, angels, drop-dead gorgeous girls etc. But none of it is real. Just like in a dream.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
As the poster Dreamhunter has identified human biochemistry with human consciousness, the entire normal
humanity having same biochemistry will have the same consciousness. And that does not make sense.
Not at all. We have the same biology, that doesn't mean we're identical.

What doesn't make sense is to assume we all have the identical biochemistry. The fact that some people have depression that can be controlled with drugs demonstrates that we do *not* all have identical biochemistry.

Reactions: Angelica
Feb 2019
Thrace
Souls can reside in non-human living beings, too, whether animals or plants or microbes. And as the literature says" Like sparks bursting forth from a fire which ascend and then go out and fall back into the fire as ashes, we are all born, live and die and are reborn." Maths of souls is not a problem for God, I think.
Which is to say you want to throw any logic outside the window? That can't be reasonable. The math implies that there's some sort of lottery when a human is born.

1. A soul of someone who died possesses his body

2. A virgin soul who either floated in some astral plane for billion of years w/o any vessel in its entire existence, or one who come into existence out of nothingness at that exact moment enters the infant body.

What do the Buddhist texts say about such lottery? Do they even mention it?

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
T
If 150 years from now, I have a great great great great grandson who looks very closely similar to me, and also happens to have certain particular quirks & idiosyncrasies that might remind some guys of me, they could call him a so called 'replica' or 'carbon copy' of an ancient Dreamhunter, or they could also call him a 'reincarnation' of Dreamhunter. Guys can use whatever terminology they like. More power to them.
The cases of some persons remembering their previous lives were mainly based on what facts of their previous lives were accurately cited by these
persons who claimed rebirth. Please do develope a habit of reading. it reduces arrogance and ignorance.

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Not at all. We have the same biology, that doesn't mean we're identical.

What doesn't make sense is to assume we all have the identical biochemistry. The fact that some people have depression that can be controlled with drugs demonstrates that we do *not* all have identical biochemistry.
Well, Dream hunter equated Consciousness with biochemistry. That never can make sense.

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Hallucinations. Due to lack of oxygen reaching the brain during near-death moments.

Hallucinations can also happen with excess oxygen. Like occurs during intensive meditation. Guys seeing demons, monsters, angels, drop-dead gorgeous girls etc. But none of it is real. Just like in a dream.
I am discussing this point with Kamayani.

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Which is to say you want to throw any logic outside the window? That can't be reasonable. The math implies that there's some sort of lottery when a human is born.

1. A soul of someone who died possesses his body

2. A virgin soul who either floated in some astral plane for billion of years w/o any vessel in its entire existence, or one who come into existence out of nothingness at that exact moment enters the infant body.

What do the Buddhist texts say about such lottery? Do they even mention it?
Please ask a Buddhist.

Status
Closed