Votes: 40 18.3%

• Total voters
Status
Closed

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Well, let's put it this way. If someone simply said they saw some 'thing', or some 'person', and nobody else in the same close vicinity could also see that 'thing' or that 'person', then that 'thing's or that 'person' is not real, but only a hallucination.
Dude ! I see stuff that is really there all the time ... that others do not see ! And now I am just talking about physical stuff, observations, psychologies, motivations, etc etc .

So what hope have they of seeing the more subtle !

Same thing if someone said that they 'floated in space' and 'saw their own body lying on the bed' or whatever, and nobody else in the same close vicinity saw it happening.

Anyone can go read six hundred books or research papers on this thing if they wish. But for me, this one simple guide will suffice. Has always done, still does, and will always do.
Yeah . As I said , there is more than one explanation for the 'distant viewing of the self ' phenomena .

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Biology and Chemistry have not yet solved the questions of Life and Death. Nobody has as yet created a Life in a laboratory. Period.

You beat me to it .

We may biologically understand birth development and death, but do we really understand life itself ? How it started, where did it come from ?

... and dont you guys give me any swamp gas and algea in a flask with electric lightening ... amino acid ... 'precursor molecule' rubbish !

1563228333502.png

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
My mother saw a hallucination, true. My wife's sister , too , saw a hallucination, true. The lady who was a terminal patient also, saw a hallucination. But why ? Why the hallucinations appeared at the point of death of the two participants who were about to die ? and, in case of my mother, why did the hallucination of her aunt appeared when the aunt died hundreds of kilometers away ?

The same dynamic that, on Saturday made me realise something significant from the past was about to happen.

By that afternoon I was back in contact with one of my dearest friends that I have been searching for for over 30 years . And I didnt go looking, it just 'turned up'.

Life is full of stuff like this . Well, my life is .

Yes, we DO have apparitions of people just after they die . But we also have them when they are not dead. dying or even sick. It can happen if they have an accident or some even just some significant event . So I dont think this offers proof of life after death .... in itself .

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Thankfully, we have no one in our family who hallucinates.
What? No one in yur family hallucinates ' Maya' ?

:D

( Maya, (Sanskrit: “magic” or “illusion”) a fundamental concept in Hindu philosophy, notably in the Advaita (Nondualist) school of Vedanta. Maya originally denoted the magic power with which a god can make human beings believe in what turns out to be an illusion. )

"In May 2019, researchers, in a milestone effort, reported the creation of a new synthetic (possibly artificial) form of viable life, a variant of the bacteria Escherichia coli, by reducing the natural number of 64 codons in the bacterial genome to 59 codons instead, in order to encode 20 amino acids."
Artificial life - Wikipedia
(you can keep in touch with the latest development in science by going through Wikipedia)
Fredens, Julius; et al. (15 May 2019). "Total synthesis of Escherichia coli with a recoded genome". Nature. doi:10.1038/s41586-019-1192-5. Retrieved 16 May 2019.
'Possibly artificial ' ?????

Why is 'new synthetic' only 'possibly artificial ' ? Was the reduction of number of codons in the bacteria done by reducing the number in an existent bacteria or an artificially created one 'from scratch' ?

And my next qestion is ; do you really understand the info you post when you run off, type something into the Wiki search box and paste the answer here ?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Poke him with a burning stick ! :D
Nah, we are supposed to allow people to have different views. But you have put in good posts. Yes, we have a few words for that - Manas, Chitta, Kosha, the five sheaths - Kosha - Wikipedia - Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vijnanamaya, Anandamaya. Manas, citta and Vijnana in Buddhism too - Manas (early Buddhism) - Wikipedia.
.. and dont you guys give me any swamp gas and algea in a flask with electric lightening ... amino acid ... 'precursor molecule' rubbish !
Specul8, IMHO, the process was much simpler than that. No 'divine lightening' was required, though the other things were required.

Last edited:

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Nah, we are supposed to allow people to have different views. But you have put in good posts. Yes, we have a few words for that - Manas, Chitta, Kosha, the five sheaths - Kosha - Wikipedia - Annamaya, Pranamaya, Manomaya, Vijnanamaya, Anandamaya. Manas, citta and Vijnana in Buddhism too - Manas (early Buddhism) - Wikipedia.
Specul8, IMHO, the process was much simpler than that. No 'divine lightening' was required, though the other things were required.
HA!

We can all SPECULATE on the process ... but can science REPLICATE it ? ( NOT ' modify it ' )

..... I see you get my point about the childlike simplicity of the Christian view on the anatomy of the psyche (or soul ) ?

In certain magical western tradition , it is also complex . Parts, components or 'expressions of' the 'soul ' are described and are seen to have different outcomes post death; some instantly end, some slowly fade , there is even ' illusory afterlife' or , a part that imagines it is immortal and surviving , but then dies , a part that CAN survive that is termed ( and here the English language fails somewhat again ) ' The Immortal Osiris'.

But the next level of teaching on this is - how much of what we think of ourselves as 'self' survives ? Perceptions, 'ego' .... ?

I doubt the ego does . I doubt the ego is the expression of the full self . In the west self and ego seem concurrent - generally. In indigenous societies, some have little concept (like we do ) of 'self' and ego . Its sorta a time stream, spread out through your ancestors, your self, your descendants . Nearly like the concept of self is actually a genetic inheritance or 'line' and our current self is just some localized and 'trapped in time' expression of that ' stream ' .

( And now, I am trying to use English to describe very deep concepts from ancient Australians consciousness ! :)

A bit like the confusion that comes from the word and our (western) concept of ' Dreamtime' - a blunder in translating the original word into 'dream' , and thus often building a misunderstanding .

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
What? No one in yur family hallucinates ' Maya' ? :D
Maya, (Sanskrit: “magic” or “illusion”) a fundamental concept in Hindu philosophy, notably in the Advaita (Nondualist) school of Vedanta. Maya originally denoted the magic power with which a god can make human beings believe in what turns out to be an illusion.
Yeah, I am the only 'advaitist' in my family. The others are normal people, they do not know about 'Maya'. :D
'Possibly artificial ' ?????
Why is 'new synthetic' only 'possibly artificial ' ?
Was the reduction of number of codons in the bacteria done by reducing the number in an existent bacteria or an artificially created one 'from scratch' ?
And my next qestion is ; do you really understand the info you post when you run off, type something into the Wiki search box and paste the answer here ?
Yeah, I understand. That is why I did not take the responsibility of claiming anything but gave the link.
Zimmer, Carl (15 May 2019). "Scientists Created Bacteria With a Synthetic Genome. Is This Artificial Life? - In a milestone for synthetic biology, colonies of E. coli thrive with DNA constructed from scratch by humans, not nature". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 May 2019.
That is why Wikipedia reports it as a 'milestone'.

Last edited:
Apr 2019
India
What? No one in yur family hallucinates ' Maya' ?

:D

( Maya, (Sanskrit: “magic” or “illusion”) a fundamental concept in Hindu philosophy, notably in the Advaita (Nondualist) school of Vedanta. Maya originally denoted the magic power with which a god can make human beings believe in what turns out to be an illusion. )
Oh no!
Maya originally denoted the ignorance. Maya is something which covers the human perception. We need to remove Maya to see the truth. It became 'illusion' much in later Indian philosophies specially in Buddhism. I think it's original meaning makes much more sense.

Jun 2012
Malaysia
Bruce Lee said one reason he was able to do what he did was, when he was fighting or training with a partner , he could watch himself from'teh sidelines' observe what was going on and relay the info back to himself in his body and use it for the fight - much like a football coach ca view the game from the sidelines - a more objective view - and call plays and offer advice . Its harder to see when you are involved in the chaos of it all.
And what was it really that he was really able to do. A slo mo flying side kick that would not have hit a goat worth his salt. And would not have felled him even if it had hit him.

That is what I would call Bruce bull. What is not bull, for sure, is the incredible number of millions of guys who are still naive enough to fall for all that bull.

This kind of guys perhaps do not need to train at all. All they need to do is invoke & summon the soul or spirit of Bruce. He would then guide them all in their fight. They would then be champion easily in every tournament they fight.

Last edited:
Jun 2012
Malaysia
Yeah, I am the only 'advaitist' in my family. The others are normal people, they do not know about 'Maya'.
You are basically saying that being an advaitist is not normal.

Anyway, what is the Sanskrit word for 'advaitist'? Lemme guess. Maybe 'advaitya', or perhaps 'advaitshi'. Or could be just 'advaiti'.

Status
Closed