Do you consider Greece and Romania part of the Balkans?

Do you consider Greece and Romania part of the Balkans?

• Yes, both Greece and Romania

• Only Greece

• Only Romania

• No, neither Greece nor Romania

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 2012
It's not an odd thing at all. See, there are no ethnic minorities in greece (!) The deffinition of being greek there is to speak greek and belong to the greek orthodox church.

Giannis is pronounced yanis in greek. It's not the italian dzhani pronunciation.
Sure, we can discuss about Greeces minority policies or lack of them, but it is hard to belive, that singing in any language would be prohibited, I dont care what "yannis" says (or don`t say).

Reactions: Tulius
Aug 2019
North
Sure, we can discuss about Greeces minority policies or lack of them, but it is hard to belive, that singing in any language would be prohibited, I dont care what "yannis" says (or don`t say).
Yet, that's the momentary situation. And the eu is silent, dormant.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
It's not an odd thing at all. See, there are no ethnic minorities in greece (!) The definition of being greek there is to speak greek and belong to the greek orthodox church.

Giannis is pronounced yanis in greek. It's not the italian dzhani pronunciation. Greeks usualy can't say dzh.
You don’t need to elaborate. The more you elaborate on it the worse it seems. We can close the validity of your initial statement when you said that you had no sources.

But even more odd than your initial claim is the reasoning that you made trying to defend it. Some classes of history, particularly on methodology would be helpful.

Aug 2019
North
You don’t need to elaborate. The more you elaborate on it the worse it seems. We can close the validity of your initial statement when you said that you had no sources.

But even more odd than your initial claim is the reasoning that you made trying to defend it. Some classes of history, particularly on methodology would be helpful.
Everything i stated on the topic is researchable on the internet.

Last edited:

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
@Ken12
You have received a warning by a moderator and you have been briefly suspended to allow you to understand that your behavior was unsuitable.
I see that your behavior is still unsuitable. I suggest you to reconsider how you are acting on the message board. The moderating team is evaluating your "contribution".

Aug 2019
North
@Ken12
You have received a warning by a moderator and you have been briefly suspended to allow you to understand that your behavior was unsuitable.
I see that your behavior is still unsuitable. I suggest you to reconsider how you are acting on the message board. The moderating team is evaluating your "contribution".
Alright, a- luke, duly noted.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Everything i stated on the topic is researchable on the internet.
I am glad that you edited your post after the mod warning. The ad hominem remark was clearly out of place. Attack the message not the messenger.

Anyway, if what you said is researchable on the internet, then you have sources, and that is contrary to what you stated previously.

Furthermore, you made the statement, you should source it, that is the common procedure in any discussion, and yet here it seems that you are hoping that the person that is changing posts with you will do your research.

In the forum guidelines there is a part that deals with sources, I would recommend to you to read it. The following is an excerpt:

“However, it would most certainly be reasonable of each poster to keep in mind the point in their arguments that potentially require sources and then be able to supply those sources if and when the occasion demands.”

From: https://historum.com/pages/content-guidelines/#citing-sources

Reactions: Ken12