Do you consider Greece and Romania part of the Balkans?

Do you consider Greece and Romania part of the Balkans?

• Yes, both Greece and Romania

• Only Greece

• Only Romania

• No, neither Greece nor Romania

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal

Where in the text that you linked is stated that:

In today's greek occuopied macedonia folks are dancing with macedonian music only. The slavic lyrics are forbidden.
It doesn’t say that it is forbidden, actually it was forbidden during Metaxas time.

Let me quote you a BBC article, that I, with my lazy bones could find:

“The Macedonian language hasn't officially been banned in Greece for decades, but the fear still lingers.”

Source article: Greece's invisible minority

Conclusion: your source doesn’t seem to support your statement.

Aug 2019
North
Where in the text that you linked is stated that:

It doesn’t say that it is forbidden, actually it was forbidden during Metaxas time.

Let me quote you a BBC article, that I, with my lazy bones could find:

“The Macedonian language hasn't officially been banned in Greece for decades, but the fear still lingers.”

Source article: Greece's invisible minority

Conclusion: your source doesn’t seem to support your statement.
Not much has changed since metaxas, the fear of losing your job, for example is there (and losing job in today's greece means starvation). Although during metaxas you could lose not your job, but your finger and toe nailes for speaking macedonian.
Macedonians are tradicionalni people, and we remember such things very well.
I'm not sure if you're familiarized with the greek ekstremisti called the golden drawn. I suppose they bumo into macedonian weddings

Oct 2012
Not much has changed since metaxas, the fear of losing your job, for example is there (and losing job in today's greece means starvation). Although during metaxas you could lose not your job, but your finger and toe nailes for speaking macedonian.
I'm not sure if you're familiarized with the greek ekstremisti called the golden drawn. I suppose they bumo into macedonian weddings
Bumo ?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal

I don’t think that you got my point, or that you want to get it.

The question here is not if I am “familiarized with the greek ekstremisti called the golden drawn”.

The question is that you statement wasn’t odd, it was worse, it was incorrect. It was a lie. If it was on the news it would be fake news.

We can discuss the question of minorities in Greece or in any other country of the planet, but if we fall into the lies, we aren’t doing anything here.

By the way, and off topic, the link that you provided implied if not stated an error about the situation of the Catalan language in Spain.

Reactions: Lalli
Oct 2012
I don’t think that you got my point, or that you want to get it.

The question here is not if I am “familiarized with the greek ekstremisti called the golden drawn”.

The question is that you statement wasn’t odd, it was worse, it was incorrect. It was a lie. If it was on the news it would be fake news.

We can discuss the question of minorities in Greece or in any other country of the planet, but if we fall into the lies, we aren’t doing anything here.

By the way, and off topic, the link that you provided implied if not stated an error about the situation of the Catalan language in Spain.
None of the examples reflected the current situation.