Do you consider Greece and Romania part of the Balkans?

Do you consider Greece and Romania part of the Balkans?

• Yes, both Greece and Romania

• Only Greece

• Only Romania

• No, neither Greece nor Romania

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 2019
North
My apologies, but you don't know about what you are talking. Very few Aromanians have lived in Serbia and we have never had a dispute with Serbia on this matter, Aromanians have lived in your beloved Republic of North Macedonia, Greece and Albania. When Romania took Southern Dobruja from Bulgaria, the Aromanians were invited to settle there in order to save them from the assimilationist policies, and not a few of them came as colonists, though those who wanted to come encountered many problems in emigrating there. After the Souther Dobruja was returned to Bulgaria, the vast majority of the Aromanian colonists were resettled in Romania.
If not macedonian aromanians, then serbian vlachs. Both are ethnicaly different.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
If not macedonian aromanians, then serbian vlachs. Both are ethnicaly different.
The Serbian Vlachs are not Aromanians, but "Daco-Romanians", many of them are Timok valley Romanians similar in customs and traditions with the Oltenian Romanians, myself I descend on my paternal grandfather's side from Timok valley Romanians who came in the Country from the Bregovo area on the actual territory of Bulgaria.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
North
I knew they aren't aromanians. I just said they were for you to understand better. You call romanian anybody in the balkans who speaks a romance language. That fact speaks balkanic for itself.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
You call romanian anybody in the balkans who speaks a romance language. That fact speaks balkanic for itself.
Not at all, the Vlachs from Serbia speak the "Daco-Romanian" dialect disfigured by borrowings from Serbian, the Aromanians speak an old Romanian language with many Greek borrowings (the "Daco-Romanian" has Slavic borrowings instead).

Last edited:
Aug 2019
North
Not at all, the Vlachs from Serbia speak the "Daco-Romanian" dialect disfigured by borrowings from Serbian, the Aromanians speak an old Romanian language with many Greek borrowings (the "Daco-Romanian" has Slavic borrowings instead).
But you do call all the balkans romance speakers romanian, that can't be disputed.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
Language doesn't determine ethnicity.
Can you be more specific? For example re: my ancestors from the Bregovo area, I think that having Romanian language as their maternal language was determinant for their feeling of belonging to the Romanian ethnicity.