Do you still see a European Union eventually coming to fruition without World War I and/or World War II?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Do you see a European Union eventually coming to fruition without World War I and/or World War II? IMHO, it's great that Europe is so interconnected nowadays--with things such as freedom of movement, a common currency for many European countries, a common European parliament, a common European foreign policy (to some extent), et cetera. It's a welcome break from centuries of frequent fighting and warfare in Europe--with the two World Wars being the ultimate culmination of this aspect of the European past.

Anyway, do you still see a European Union eventually coming to fruition without World War I and/or World War II? Without the carnage, devastation, and destruction of the two World Wars, Europe was able to transcend nationalism to a significant extent and thus begin steps towards achieving deeper and deeper European integration. Would this have still been the case without one or both of the World Wars, in your honest opinion?