Do you think Communism is as bad as Nazism?

Oct 2010
DC
What I am saying is that a big chunk of tolerance and equal tights advocates are some of the most prejudiced people with a lot of stereotype based interpretations and expectations. Not to derail the thread anymore with my posts but I call it fake/selective humanism.

Oct 2013
Europix
What I am saying is that a big chunk of tolerance and equal tights advocates are some of the most prejudiced people with a lot of stereotype based interpretations and expectations. Not to derail the thread anymore with my posts but I call it fake/selective humanism.
IMHO, it's what I was saying in my first remarque to tomar's post.

And it isn't so much out of the rails of this thread: representatives of the "freed people" in communist countries had no problem in acting like inquisitors, or like mobsters, or like ruthless capitalists labeling "enemy of the people" persons that were much closer to the Marxist ideals than those accusing them.

The same "communist white Knights" became after 1990 "white Knights" of the democracy and of the triumphant liberal capitalism. (I saw a lot of our "eastern" friends around, so they can easily approve or disprove that).

So I still believe labeling isn't an exclusive quality of the leftists acusing their opponents of racism ... it's a mindset, found everywhere, anytime.

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
The same "communist white Knights" became after 1990 "white Knights" of the democracy and of the triumphant liberal capitalism. (I saw a lot of our "eastern" friends around, so they can easily approve or disprove that).
Such people were communists from opportunism, not from conviction, besides there was no group better prepared or more able than them, who could have replaced those people?

Ficino

Ad Honorem
Apr 2012
Romania
So I still believe labeling isn't an exclusive quality of the leftists acusing their opponents of racism ... it's a mindset, found everywhere, anytime.
The political convictions that people have are not independent of their mindsets, and the mindset determines the political conviction, not the political conviction the mindset.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Oh but it primarily is.... And the fact that you have not been able to find a similar example from the opposite spectrum, is quite telling

it is so much the case that it has now become a standing joke:

"I am not a leftists journalist: I have never denounced (reported) anyone"

Oct 2013
Europix
Oh but it primarily is.... And the fact that you have not been able to find a similar example from the opposite spectrum, is quite telling

it is so much the case that it has now become a standing joke:

"I am not a leftists journalist: I have never denounced (reported) anyone"
I "wasn't able finding an example" cause I didn't looked for.

If You really want to, we can go back on this very forum: I was granted even a "PC medal" :)

Or, if You prefer an non-anectodical example, I already mentioned one: McCarthyism.

Really, if we look around, there's plenty of examples.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
I "wasn't able finding an example" cause I didn't looked for.

If You really want to, we can go back on this very forum: I was granted even a "PC medal" :)

Or, if You prefer an non-anectodical example, I already mentioned one: McCarthyism.

Really, if we look around, there's plenty of examples.
The guy has been dead for more than 60 years (just 4 years after Stalin).... Is that the best you can do ?

You may have received a PC medal on this forum, but even on this forum several posters have been banned for racism (you can check the suspension log)....