Do you think Hitler really ran to Argentina?

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
holoow

Why Argentine and not Brazil, Paraguay, Chile?
Argentina makes more audience.

Porquê? - Why?

May 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah
Yes, a Brazilian fascist movement within the German population did exist.

But from Wikipedia

The Brazilian Expeditionary Force or FEB (Portuguese: Força Expedicionária Brasileira; FEB) consisted of about 25,700 men arranged by the army and air force to fight alongside the Allied forces in the Mediterranean Theatre of World War II. This air–land force consisted of (replacements included) a complete infantry division, a liaison flight, and a fighter squadron.[1]
It fought in Italy from September 1944 to May 1945, while the Brazilian Navy as well as the Air Force also acted in the Battle of the Atlantic from the middle of 1942 until the end of the war. During the almost eight months of its campaign, fighting at the Gothic Line and in the 1945 final offensive, the FEB took 20,573 Axis prisoners, consisting of two generals, 892 officers, and 19,679 other ranks. Brazil was the only independent South American country to send ground troops to fight overseas, losing 948 men killed in action across all three services during the Second World War.[2][3]

Brazilian Expeditionary Force - Wikipedia

Reactions: LatinoEuropa

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Portugal was a facist country, because Hilter did not flee to Portugal, perhaps she was afraid of Salazar.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
If I'm not mistaken, Brazil was also a facist country.
Yes, a Brazilian fascist movement within the German population did exist.
During the period 1937-1946 Brazil lived a period known as “Estado Novo”, “New State”, equal name of the Portuguese “Estado Novo” formed by Salazar. This regime was dictatorial and had fascist influences. Yet, Brazil participated in WWII against the Axis and as stated sent an expeditionary force to Italy.

Jan 2014
Portugal
Portugal was a facist country, because Hilter did not flee to Portugal, perhaps she was afraid of Salazar.
Salazar couldn't stand Hitler a bit. The arguments used by people who put them as allies neither work personally or ideologicaly. It's true that Salazar said a lot, and grieve him officialy, but off record he didn't like the desorder caused by Hitler in European ground.
I've read a lot of documents, personaly writen by Salazar from its personal and state archives. You can trust, that in this matter there was no way he came to Portugal.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
JM1906

Salazar was also intelligent. With these phrases said by him, Portuguese of the war I book Portugal but of the hunger does not book you. Words spoken by Salazar in the 1940s was my 20 years old, she always told me that. Salazar played with a stick in two beaks, besides Portugal being a neutral country. Both were in Favor of Germany as it was in favor of the allies. He did not like Hitler as he did not like the Franco of Spain, but he also never liked the American politics about Portugal. Salazar even sent a notice with an ultimatum to the USA of diplomatic relations in the 60s unless it was an error in 1964.

On the governance of Salazar we all Portuguese know that he was bad with the fascist dictatorship.

Salazar tambem foi inteligente.Com estas frases ditas por ele,portugueses da guerra eu livro Portugal mas da fome não vos livro.Palavras ditas por Salazar nos anos 40 tinha a minha 20 e poucos anos de idade,ela me sempre disse isso. Salazar jogou com um pau em dois bicos,alem de Portugal ser um país neutro.Tanto era a Favor da Alemanha como era a favor dos aliados.Ele não gostava do Hitler como não gostava do Franco de Espanha como tambem nunca gostou da politica americana sobre Portugal .Salazar chegou a mandar um aviso com um ultimato a U.S.A de relações diplomatas nos anos 60 salvo erro foi em 1964.

Sobre a governação de Salazar todos nós portuguêses sabemos que foi má com a dictadura fascista.

Apr 2019
USA
I think, despite not finding a body, he definitely killed himself. It was probably that one of his followers found him and never wanted anybody else to see him the way he just did, and cremated him without collecting the ashes.

Reactions: JakeStarkey

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Off topic but I've always suspected Lyndon Johnson had something to do with the Kennedy assassination.

Regarding Hitler fleeing to Argentina, Josef Stalin seemed to believe so. I also don't think Stalin would lie about something like this. It would have been in the Soviet's interest to either kill or capture Hitler. The propaganda effect would have been huge. That Stalin claims Hitler didn't commit suicide in his bunker seems to cast considerable doubt on that hypothesis.
No, it doesn’t mean that at all. Stalin was just sowing false rumors and causing mayhem. Nothing unusual there. Stalin already had parts of his body which were transported to the SU. To think Stalin wasn’t a world class liar takes some gullibility.

Reactions: JakeStarkey