Do you think that it was fair for Germany to get punished territorially-wise much more than Italy and Japan were punished after WWII?

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
In general, the Eden - Molotov meetings are the most interesting, if you're looking for details. Churchill and Stalin would agree/argue about the main points.
I'll give you an example. You know about the napkin. You can see those two arguing about details, if you google:
"Record of meeting at the Kremlin, Moscow between Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs A. Eden and Mr. Molotov on 10 October 1944, at 7pm", you'll find a pdf from lse, it starts with: "Mr. EDEN suggested that Bulgaria and the Balkans in general should be discussed".

I'd link it, but Pedro once PMed me saying we aren't allowed to link pdfs for safety reasons.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I'll give you an example. You know about the napkin. You can see those two arguing about details, if you google:
"Record of meeting at the Kremlin, Moscow between Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs A. Eden and Mr. Molotov on 10 October 1944, at 7pm", you'll find a pdf from lse, it starts with: "Mr. EDEN suggested that Bulgaria and the Balkans in general should be discussed".

I'd link it, but Pedro once PMed me saying we aren't allowed to link pdfs for safety reasons.
What's the danger in linking pdfs?

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
What's the danger in linking pdfs?
I assume he was talking about the possibility of a virus. I cleared my inbox when I went on my last break from the forum.

Wow; thanks for sharing that! :)

Maybe you should create a separate thread for this so that everyone here can see this. :)
Btw, pretty much every country has that. The problem is that they aren't always easy to find, you can't always just search "foreign policy documents X" (X = name of the country). The best thing to do is to find someone from that country who might know. English translations aren't always available, but google does a decent job. Sometimes, the Foreign Ministry's site has a dedicated section or a link to an institution that has them online.

For example, the Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs is the best source for documents regarding Israeli foreign policy and they're in English, tho sometimes you have to click a button that says English, usually in the top left corner.

https://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/MFADocuments/Pages/Documents_Foreign_Policy_Israel.aspx

The titles are very descriptive (these are all automatically in English): https://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/MFADocuments/Yearbook1/Pages/TABLE OF CONTENTS.aspx#I

Here, it's the Romanian Diplomatic Institute. Editarea Arhivelor Diplomatice - IDR (five of the authors were my professors; you can see Laurenţiu Constantiniu's name thrice, hence my high level of trust; Bogdan Antoniu was my MA dissertation coordinator). The one about the Warsaw Pact looks interesting.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I assume he was talking about the possibility of a virus. I cleared my inbox when I went on my last break from the forum.

Btw, pretty much every country has that. The problem is that they aren't always easy to find, you can't always just search "foreign policy documents X" (X = name of the country). The best thing to do is to find someone from that country who might know. English translations aren't always available, but google does a decent job. Sometimes, the Foreign Ministry side has a dedicated section or a link to an institution that has them online.

For example, the Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs is the best source for documents regarding Israeli foreign policy and they're in English, tho sometimes you have to click a button that says English, usually in the top left corner.

https://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/MFADocuments/Pages/Documents_Foreign_Policy_Israel.aspx

The titles are very descriptive (these are all automatically in English): https://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/MFADocuments/Yearbook1/Pages/TABLE OF CONTENTS.aspx#I

Here, it's the Romanian Diplomatic Institute. Editarea Arhivelor Diplomatice - IDR (five of the authors were my professors; you can see Laurenţiu Constantiniu's name thrice, hence my high level of trust; Bogdan Antoniu was my MA dissertation coordinator). The one about the Warsaw Pact looks interesting.
Very interesting! Thanks! Of course, I do find it more interesting to read documents written by democratic countries than by totalitarian dictatorial ones. I just don't like totalitarian dictatorships in general and Communist dictatorships in particular.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The Protocol was about the division of Germany between the Allies not the German - Polish border
I thought that you were talking about the German-Polish border here. Apparently you were talking about the East German-West German border here. Thus, it looks like I was mistaken here.