Documentary about the wars of chimpanzee

Dec 2017
Regnum Teutonicum
I have discovered this documentary about chimpanzee wars. It is called Rise of the warrior apes. I think it is also very interesting for a comparison with human society.

Reactions: Ichon
Oct 2017
America ??
“This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.”

OP should try to find another link to post the video.

Oct 2017
America ??
They are such violent animals.
Yes, along with macaques & baboons, seem to be the demons of the primate world. Highly aggressive, oppressive & manipulative. Wonder what it must be like to live in their societies, I can imagine there would be plenty of opportunities to be oppressed & outcasted. That explains why they’re widely geographically dispersed though, by tending to live in large groups & by being able to defend & attack.

Wonder whether chimps have potential to evolve into fully carnivorous primates, ape-wolves!

Gosh, to think that they’re our species’ nearest relatives! At least the more peaceful bonobos are just as related, if not even more so, than common chimps.

Last edited:

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
Yes, along with macaques & baboons, seem to be the demons of the primate world. Highly aggressive, oppressive & manipulative. Wonder what it must be like to live in their societies, I can imagine there would be plenty of opportunities to be oppressed & outcasted. That explains why they’re widely geographically dispersed though, by tending to live in large groups & by being able to defend & attack.

Wonder whether chimps have potential to evolve into fully carnivorous primates, ape-wolves!
They would not evolve into carnivores because it would limit their dietary options too much. The omnivores would out-breed them. It has been known for at least 50 years that they can be cannibals. I remember reading a National Geographic article in the 1980s that covered most of the content in the above video.