Does anyone have information on this item?

Recusant

Ad Honorem
Sep 2009
Sector N after curfew
Any sign of a touch hole? If not, I'd think it's very unlikely to be a gun.

The object itself appears conical, wider toward the "muzzle" end, but for guns the more substantial (therefore wider) part of the barrel is generally at the breech. If the internal bore is conical as well that would seem to indicate the object is something other than a gun. If it were a swivel gun, the "wing" arrangement in place of normal trunnions seems very impractical. Perhaps it's part of a capstan, or even the socket for the yoke of a swivel gun.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Scotland
Any sign of a touch hole? If not, I'd think it's very unlikely to be a gun.

The object itself appears conical, wider toward the "muzzle" end, but for guns the more substantial (therefore wider) part of the barrel is generally at the breech. If the internal bore is conical as well that would seem to indicate the object is something other than a gun. If it were a swivel gun, the "wing" arrangement in place of normal trunnions seems very impractical. Perhaps it's part of a capstan, or even the socket for the yoke of a swivel gun.
The item has a clear bore and is even at each end, the wider view at the end is not an expansion of the barrel, more so just thicker metal that end. I believe there is a part missing from the breach end. Also on the breach end there is a switch, like to lock the missing part in place. Obviously this is rusted into a position and does not turn.

Thank you for your input, it has allowed myself to look in different areas and with a different view.

No sign of a touch hole, unless this is what the switch covered for when not in use.

Similar History Discussions