Does there exist a family tree for all of the European monarchs?

Jul 2018
United States
I'm particularly interested in the claim that Rollo the Viking is a direct ancestor of every recent European monarch. Obviously, it's difficult to find family trees that span over 1,000 years

Chlodio

Ad Honorem
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Assuming that all recent European monarchs are related to each other, which is probably true, then it would theoretically be possible to draw a single family tree showing all of those monarchs, but such a tree would be incredibly large and complex, impossible to display on a single sheet of paper or on a single computer screen. I've dabbled with drawing family trees, but I find it difficult to portray more than five or six generations on a single sheet of paper.

Moros

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
You don't have to go back 1,000 years . John William Friso, Prince of Orange-Nassau (1687 – 1711) and his wife Marie Louise of Hesse-Kassel (1688 - 1765) are the most recent common ancestors to all the royal houses of Europe. Just goes to show how inter-related they are.

Oct 2013
Europix
Assuming that all recent European monarchs are related to each other, which is probably true, then it would theoretically be possible to draw a single family tree showing all of those monarchs, but such a tree would be incredibly large and complex, impossible to display on a single sheet of paper or on a single computer screen. I've dabbled with drawing family trees, but I find it difficult to portray more than five or six generations on a single sheet of paper.
If it's about accepting that Sisif job, I think You should drop the "tree" idea and use rather a 3D maze.

Similar History Discussions