Does there exist a family tree for all of the European monarchs?

Dec 2011
Iowa USA
Short Answer yes, Rollo was the ancestor of (almost) every recent European Monarch.

Long answer:

There are only few "recent" European monarchs not closely related to other European Monarchs.

The rival dynasties of modern Serbia, the Obrenovic and Karadordovic dynasties, were Serbian families with no outside ancestors for centuries before they gained power in the 19th and it took some time for them to intermarry with members of the European royal caste. As far as I can tell no member of the Obrenovic rulers was descended from the European royal caste, while Peter II, the last King of Yugoslavia, was the first Karadordovic to be descended from European royalty.

And the same is true of the Petrovic-Njegos dynasty of Montenegro. Nicholas I, the only king of Montenegro, wasn't descended from European royalty.
Regarding the Karadjordjevics, allow me to muddy the waters just a bit more.

We are in agreement that Peter I and Alexander of Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (since '29 "Yugoslavia") are not descended from the royals of the rest of Europe.

It is the ancestry of Regent Prince Paul (from 1934 assassination of Alexander the Head of State) that will muddy the waters, perhaps.

Paul is descended from a "German" king ( who ironically was of Italian ancestry ). Early 19th century King.

I'll leave it to the wikipedia skills of the group to identify this royal (or at least QUASI royal) ancestor of the Prince Regent.

Is Paul, rather than the clearly royal Peter II, the first Karadjordjevic connected to European royalty? Somewhat a matter of perception here?

Dec 2011
Iowa USA
Regarding the Karadjordjevics, allow me to muddy the waters just a bit more.

We are in agreement that Peter I and Alexander of Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes (since '29 "Yugoslavia") are not descended from the royals of the rest of Europe.

It is the ancestry of Regent Prince Paul (from 1934 assassination of Alexander the Head of State) that will muddy the waters, perhaps.

Paul is descended from a "German" king ( who ironically was of Italian ancestry ). Early 19th century King.

I'll leave it to the wikipedia skills of the group to identify this royal (or at least QUASI royal) ancestor of the Prince Regent.

Is Paul, rather than the clearly royal Peter II, the first Karadjordjevic connected to European royalty? Somewhat a matter of perception here?
Never mind!!

There was an uncle-nephew passing of the title that his maternal Grandfather had held. The uncle, rather than the father of this Russian nobleman, had married Jerome Bonaparte's daughter. A case of the non-succeeding line having a bit greater achievement in marriage.

Although Peter I's father-in-law did finally manage to be recognized as King. (Nikola of Montenegro was the father-in-law of Peter.)

Similar History Discussions