Dragons in the Bible

There were sea dragons at one time. The Bible talks about them and even describes them as breathing fire. Job 41:19-21 is describing an aquatic beast called Leviathan. It says that "out of his mouth go flaming torches, sparks of fire leap forth. Out of his nostrils come forth smoke." Verse 21 says that "his breath kindles coals and a flame comes forth from his mouth." Certain kinds of dragons did exist at one time.

Re: Where did fire breathing dragons come from?

There were sea dragons at one time. The Bible talks about them and even describes them as breathing fire. Job 41:19-21 is describing an aquatic beast called Leviathan. It says that "out of his mouth go flaming torches, sparks of fire leap forth. Out of his nostrils come forth smoke." Verse 21 says that "his breath kindles coals and a flame comes forth from his mouth." Certain kinds of dragons did exist at one time.
Yes, let us believe in the bible.

Dec 2010
Near St. Louis.

Using the bible to support this idea is a bad idea.

Kirialax

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Blachernai

Along with 98% of the bible.
First off, this is a good way to get a semi-intelligent (I'm being a little generous) thread kicked down to the bowels of the religion subforum. Second, it is clear from the style of Hellenistic bioi and epistolary literature, that much of the New Testament claims to be historical. Whether it is or not is for discussion elsewhere.

Dec 2010
Near St. Louis.

First off, this is a good way to get a semi-intelligent (I'm being a little generous) thread kicked down to the bowels of the religion subforum. Second, it is clear from the style of Hellenistic bioi and epistolary literature, that much of the New Testament claims to be historical. Whether it is or not is for discussion elsewhere.
A thread on dragons. Whatever.

However, if you can prove more than 2% of the bible is non-fiction I'll be here.

Nick

Historum Emeritas
Jul 2006
UK
In response to the mudslinging this has been separated into a new topic. I advise those involved to keep things civil or face ejection from the religion forum

bunyip

Ad Honorem
Sep 2010

I've read the Torah too.A religious book of mythology (much of it borrowed) and ethics (also largely borrowed.).It is not history or prime source evidence for anything.

Similar History Discussions