Dec 2010
Near St. Louis.
Re: Dragons Mythology or Truth?

Myths are frequently based on made-up BS.

As for dragons, where are the bodies? Without physical evidence you don't have much of a case.

bunyip

Ad Honorem
Sep 2010

Dinosaurs seems to cover this issue for me.
Seems reasonable until you consider dinosaurs were extinct for millions of years before humans arrived.

It's a common misconception that myths usually have some basis in fact. This is true of some myths,but is uncommon,depending on one's definition.

There is no evidence of which I'm aware to show mythology about say giants*,fairies ,angels, dragons etc are based on fact.

*giants: people often refer to the phrase from the Torah "there were giants in those days". That seems to be mistranslation,and actually refers to the Nephilim. There is no clear agreement amongst scholars on whom those beings/people might have been.

Rasta

Ad Honoris
Aug 2009
Minnesnowta
Re: Where did fire breathing dragons come from?

Dragons are myth, based yet again on the fallible perception and fanciful imagination of humans.

Rasta

Ad Honoris
Aug 2009
Minnesnowta

Does anyone believe in the possibility of Dragons? I think at it is very posible that dragons have/do exist. Dragon population probably started decreasing greatly by the time human technology caught up with the fire breathing and flying dragons, eventually reaching it's minimum around the 1500's. Now i believe in the deep wilderness of the jungle and the tall isolated himilayas dragons may still survive. Myths are usually based on truth and many stories tell of Knights defeating Dragons.​
Too many movies, not enough science. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Similar History Discussions