Dwarka- Solid proof of Lord Krishna's existence & AIT's death

Jun 2015
Bharata
Hello,

All the findings at Dwarka city indicate strong supports of Krishna's existence but for many years Western indologists have shut their eyes to this wonderful glory for some reasons I don't know. :notrust:

One of many important findings was a conch seal that established the submerged township's connection with the Dwaraka of the Mahabharata. The seal corroborates the reference made in the ancient text, the Harivamsa that every citizen of Dwaraka had to carry such a seal for purposes of identification. Krishna had declared that only one who carried such a seal could enter the city. A similar seal has been found onshore.

And it also shatters any possibility of AIT/AMT

What's their (Atheists historians and those historians who always think Mahabharata and Purana are mythologies) stance on this mysterious city of Lord Krishna which had existed from 32000 to 9000 BC?

Thank You. Do reply, historians.

Last edited:
Sep 2012
India
Welcome to you, Onkar. But you must cite references with you post. This greatly helps other debaters. So please do give your references. I believe that there had been some undersea explorations at the site where the ancient Dwaraka is said to have sunk into the sea.

Joshua A

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
In the quote, the dates given are varying from 9000 years ago that is, about to 7000 B.C.E. to 9500 years ago, that is,7500 B.C.E.
Yes I know about this date. But in other reports the date has been knocked to 1500BCE. Hence, my confusion what the actual date is.

This topic is too controversial because of its relationships to Hindutva, so it is not getting the attention that it should get.

Jun 2015
Bharata
Yes I know about this date. But in other reports the date has been knocked to 1500BCE. Hence, my confusion what the actual date is.

This topic is too controversial because of its relationships to Hindutva, so it is not getting the attention that it should get.
Well the piece of wood found by NIOT in the site dates back to an age of 9500 years old. So it's at least 7500 BC old.. The melting of the ice caps and the end of the ice age about 8000-10000 years ago caused sea water rise of nearly 400 feet which swallowed the old Dwarka city. This tallies with the account of Mahabharata as per which after Krishna died, Dwarka got submerged.

Dwarka is certainly older than supposed period of Aryan invasion 1500BC.

Anyway what's Hindurva? And how the topic becomes controversial.

Last edited:

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
Here's some reading on the subject.
The Ruins of the Gulf of Khambhat and Dwarka - Crystalinks
Its important to remember that the wood found was just that - wood. So far as I know, the NIOT findings were not of wood that showed work done upon it by Humans. So you can't exactly link it to Human Settlement, any more than finding an 8000 year old piece of wood in Hastinapura or Delhi would support the contention that these areas were settled in 6000 BCE.

While it is clear that there is a submerged settlement there, the evidence coming up by dredging isn't conclusive regarding the date. Ideally the situation needs to be properly examined, with experts, rather than through crude and destructive methods like Dredging (which also makes site association of the evidence impossible). But basic historiographical and archaeological principles do need to be adhered to. There's clearly an ancient city there, but arbitrarily manufacturing dates based on dodgy evidence is a good way to discredit the whole dataset.

@Onkar - If you want a discussion on the AMT vs some sort of Indigenous origins, you may want to consider looking up the many threads on the subject on this forum

PS: The existence of the settlement doesn't "prove" the existence of Krishna, any more than the existence of Thebes proves that Heracles existed or the existence of Rome proves that Aeneas was real individual.

Similar History Discussions