Early Chinese Kings were MURDERERS

Mar 2018
Fitchburg,MA USA 01420
Early Chinese Kings were not ROYAL in any way, but were thugs and murderers. Kill and murder were all they understood, and all they did. Gold piled upon the head of a butcher does not make a KING. Why did their efforts not last? Because even their Gods were ashamed of them.

Pedro

Forum Staff
Mar 2008
On a mountain top in Costa Rica. yeah...I win!!
@ rdbooker. It appears that in three post that you are infected with that dreaded disease "agenda mongering". One more misstep and you are gone.

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
I would point out that most Kings up until fairly recently could arguably be classed as murderers. One did not get to hold onto the Kingship by being a nice person, but by being both respected and to a great extent feared by your subjects. The Emperors of China would have been no different.

Jax

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Seattle
@ rdbooker. It appears that in three post that you are infected with that dreaded disease "agenda mongering". One more misstep and you are gone.
Yeah! Because "agenda mongering", even if right, is BAD!

Last edited:

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Yeah! Because "agenda mongering", even if right, is BAD!
Isn’t any kind of agenda always “bad” in history? At least never saw “agenda” and “agenda mongering” as a kind of historical methodology used in this human and social science that we all like, and that is called history.

Jax

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Seattle
Isn’t any kind of agenda always “bad” in history? At least never saw “agenda” and “agenda mongering” as a kind of historical methodology used in this human and social science that we all like, and that is called history.
Depends on your point of view I guess. I use the term, as it was newly created by the mods here, to curb investigation into history that is not in line with the standard Christian view of history.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Depends on your point of view I guess. I use the term, as it was newly created by the mods here, to curb investigation into history that is not in line with the standard Christian view of history.
If depends of the point of view, what is yours about it?

I knew the term before I joined “Historum”, and don’t see the moderators here asking about our religion, or lack of it, or curb investigation into history.

Jax

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Seattle
If depends of the point of view, what is yours about it?

I knew the term before I joined “Historum”, and don’t see the moderators here asking about our religion, or lack of it, or curb investigation into history.
They do though. This is a very Christian oriented site.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
They do though. This is a very Christian oriented site.
If you say so without explanations, I will accept it as your opinion, and we will move on, but you didn’t answer to my main question “If depends of the point of view, what is yours about it?” (the theme was about “agenda”, or “agenda mongering”).