East vs West American Civil War

Commander

Historum Emeritas
Jun 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Conflicts arise in America and the country splits down the middle. East of the Mississippi River vs. West of the Mississippi River.

Who would win the war. No nukes involved. The East controls a lot of money and has a lot of people.... but the West has tons of land and two of the biggest states in Texas and California.

Alaska and Hawaii remain nuetral

Lord_Cronus

Historum Emeritas
Jun 2006
Georgia
I'd have to side with the east. The bulk of the population is in the south and to the west. Out west towns are more rural, which does make it harder to conquere as you would have to spread an army thin to keep order on all fronts. Obviously the Smokey Mountains provide a good defence for the east should the war be brought to this side of the river. If the west pulled something similar to what Russia did during Napoleon and Hitler's days, I'd say it would be their only chance.

Jun 2006
Earthquake Central
West would win. They would have Wyoming/Colorado which is pretty much were all our missles are kept. Enough firepower under those cattle to make the Mississipi River the new coastline.

Jun 2006
Kentucky
I think Florida would be very vulnerable to attack. It's a sitting duck out there. Armies and navies could be launched from Houston and destroy the west coast of Florida in no time.

However, America's top Military and Naval Academy are in the East. The East side would have FAR superior intelligence and military leadership, with having the Pentagon, CIA, FBI, and so on.

Jun 2006
Earthquake Central
old_abe said:
However, America's top Military and Naval Academy are in the East. The East side would have FAR superior intelligence and military leadership, with having the Pentagon, CIA, FBI, and so on.
Yes.. but the spy sats are operated out of Colorado.
You might have Annapolis and West Point.. but my west coast has way more military bases and airfields. You might have a more powerful Navy, but they will be hard pressed to hit my seaboard from the Atlantic... especially if I blockade the panama canal.

Commander

Historum Emeritas
Jun 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Ritocal said:
old_abe said:
Yes.. but the spy sats are operated out of Colorado.
You might have Annapolis and West Point.. but my west coast has way more military bases and airfields. You might have a more powerful Navy, but they will be hard pressed to hit my seaboard from the Atlantic... especially if I blockade the panama canal.
What makes you think you can blockade the panama canal with such an inferior navy?

Where would the west make their capitol? Who would run for President of the west?

Jun 2006
Earthquake Central
Well since the Panama Canal is a bottleneck, I think it would be a prime spot for my smaller navy to take on a larger one.

I'm going to say the Capitol would be Sacramento athough there are a few Texan cities that would be good canidates as well.

For President of the west... thats a tough one. If we went off of highest ranking political offical in the government that came from the west.. We would get President Bush. If we go off of only state executives... the most popular would probably be Senator McCain.

Lord_Cronus

Historum Emeritas
Jun 2006
Georgia
Well, here's what I'd do. I wouldn't even have to blockade anything. Call up China and say, "If you beat them, you can colonize." That would end sending jobs overseas. Let them deal with Mexico, I'm sure they'll welcome aliens with open arms. LOL

Jun 2006
Charleston
Do you think all the rival rap gangs from east coast and west coast would also join up in the cause?

I can just picture all the Hollywood Hippies protesting the war now.