Edward III England's Greatest King - A documentary I've made on Edward III

Feb 2018
U.K
Hello everyone, thought you might be interested t see a documentary I've made on the life of Edward III.

I would love to hear your opinions so please leave feedback as it will help me improve in the future.

Many thanks to you all in advance.

Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
A lot of us are descended from him. I think he had three different wives and lots of children. But I recommend googling that to see for sure, ha ha. Well, upon looking at Wikipedia, I only see Philippa of Hainault mentioned as his wife. But that's OK, since she was the mother of John Gault, Duke of Lancaster in one of my lines.

Last edited:
Apr 2010
evergreen state, USA
A lot of us are descended from him. I think he had three different wives and lots of children. But I recommend googling that to see for sure, ha ha. Well, upon looking at Wikipedia, I only see Philippa of Hainault mentioned as his wife. But that's OK, since she was the mother of John Gault, Duke of Lancaster in one of my lines.
error: it is John Gaunt or John of Gaunt (= Ghent, East Flanders).

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
greatest king is a stretch. he did well against the French, but not the Scots.
He did? Charles V ended up with a bigger France.
At Bretigny he lost his claim to the crown, Normandy, Touraine, Anjou and Maine.
In 1380 (3 years after his death) the English only held Calais and a few towns on the coast.

He basically lost more than king John Lackland.

Similar History Discussions