Egypt (BBC Series)

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
This is an excellent series by the BBC that I saw on Netflix a few years back. "Egypt" explores those whom sought to uncover the mysteries of Ancient Egypt, from people such as Jean-Francois Champollion to Howard Carter. The following scene here explorers the very first time Champollion found himself in front of the Ancient Pyramids of Egypt, Champollion is proud to have finally come across the Pyramids for his Emperor Napoleon I.

Jean-François Champollion, (born December 23, 1790, Figeac, France—died March 4, 1832, Paris), French historian and linguist who founded scientific Egyptology and played a major role in the decipherment of Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Mar 2019
Kansas
This is an excellent series by the BBC that I saw on Netflix a few years back. "Egypt" explores those whom sought to uncover the mysteries of Ancient Egypt, from people such as Jean-Francois Champollion to Howard Carter. The following scene here explorers the very first time Champollion found himself in front of the Ancient Pyramids of Egypt, Champollion is proud to have finally come across the Pyramids for his Emperor Napoleon I.

Jean-François Champollion, (born December 23, 1790, Figeac, France—died March 4, 1832, Paris), French historian and linguist who founded scientific Egyptology and played a major role in the decipherment of Egyptian hieroglyphs.

Yeah it was a nice departure from the usual dross of ancient aliens and pyramids are giant beer keg theories

Reactions: JoanOfArc007