Egypt's 'Indiana Jones' at Center of Archaeology Uproar

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
If he wasn't so flamboyant, so desirous of being as important as the finds, he wouldn't be catching all of this flak.

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
Dr. Hawass has achieved a high and tight reign on his office and what it does. That is naturally going to create a lot of enemies. I support Hawass and what he had done and continually does for archeology. With such power can only find the cracks we all have when we, like him, yield the baton of power. It will all play out if Hawass has the right and high people supporting him or he has the right and high people NOT supporting him.
Pay back is....you know the rest.

kbear

Ad Honorem
Sep 2010
lol, i knew this thread HAD to be about dr. hawASS. his ego is enormous! i was really disappointed in his series about chasing mummies--watching him having temper tantums is not my idea of "entertainment"...

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
lol, i knew this thread HAD to be about dr. hawASS. his ego is enormous! i was really disappointed in his series about chasing mummies--watching him having temper tantums is not my idea of "entertainment"...
I watch the whole series and I too was a bit shocked to see Hawass bully, intimidate and dismiss off the cuff so many people. I came away a little put off by his antics and hopefully it was just for the camera and ratings.

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
I watch the whole series and I too was a bit shocked to see Hawass bully, intimidate and dismiss off the cuff so many people. I came away a little put off by his antics and hopefully it was just for the camera and ratings.
He is the same way in all of his interviews and documentaries. He is either a "love him of hate him" kind of guy.

I myself am on the fence. I hate his personality, but you can't fault him for wanting to keep a tight reign on Egypt's treasures after so many centuries of looting.

tjadams

Ad Honoris
Mar 2009
Texas
He is the same way in all of his interviews and documentaries.
I"ve seen him all smiles, cracking jokes, taking time for photos and autographs with tourists and looking every bit a kind gentleman. And then again, I've seen him have a solid face of determination without acknowledging anyone around him. He had a single focus. He would strike like a bolt of lightning.

Similar History Discussions