Empire of Brazil... and Wikipedia

Apr 2012
Brazil
Hi, everyone. I'm Licínio "Lecen" Miranda and I'm writing from Brazil. I've been contributing on articles related to 19th century Brazilian history on Wikipedia for a couple of years now and I always wondered how they were seen by the wider public.

Did someone read "Empire of Brazil", "Pedro II of Brazil", etc...?

What were your thoughts about them? What was left unanswered? Did them let you more interested on Brazilian history?

Clemmie

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Florida
Sad to say, I've not read any of your articles. But we have very little posted about Brazil or indeed any South American country on these forums. Maybe you should post some here and strike up some interest.

Oh, and welcome to Historum.

Apr 2012
Brazil
Sad to say, I've not read any of your articles. But we have very little posted about Brazil or indeed any South American country on these forums. Maybe you should post some here and strike up some interest.

Oh, and welcome to Historum.
Thank you very much for the welcome. I've noticed that almost everything talked here regarding the Americas is related to the United States' history. Here are a few examples of Brazilian 19th century related articles:

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_Brazil]Empire of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_II_of_Brazil]Pedro II of Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Luís Alves de Lima e Silva, Duke of Caxias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jul 2017
Argentina
Hi, everyone. I'm Licínio "Lecen" Miranda and I'm writing from Brazil. I've been contributing on articles related to 19th century Brazilian history on Wikipedia for a couple of years now and I always wondered how they were seen by the wider public.

Did someone read "Empire of Brazil", "Pedro II of Brazil", etc...?

What were your thoughts about them? What was left unanswered? Did them let you more interested on Brazilian history?
I did actually read both those articles recently since I've been investigating on Brazil to make a video about it. Thank you so much for what you do, it has been extremely valuable to me.

Jul 2017
Argentina
Hey Lecen.
May be you could open an interesting thread about the candangos taken to build Brasilia.

Jul 2017
Germany
I've only briefly come across the name of Pedro I when I researched what became of the Leuchtenberg children, though naturally I checked german Wikipedia. I can assure you that your articles have a lot more information. Thank you for that! (I just checked and found that the german Wikipedia page of Maria Leopoldine still repeats the rumours of physical assault that lead to her death. It also has some reactions from her family about her betrothal to Pedro which might amuse you if you read german.)

Something I personally wondered about his second marriage: was Pedro not offended at having to chose a lady who was not of equal birth? Amélie was not of royal blood and no member of any royal family, after all.