EP elections 2019

Do you plan to vote on the EP elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Closed

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
Greetings,

The 2019 European Parliament elections are approaching, it will be held between 23 and 26 May 2019. EP elections usually have lower turnouts than the national ones, so I'm just wondering how much are our members interested in it.

I also had a thread about the previous EP election 5 years ago. EP elections 2014

Background info on what is this whole European Parliament election thing: 2019 European Parliament election - Wikipedia

Is it important, does it matter? Do you plan to vote? Why or why not? EU or national level topics/issues influence more your decision?

Feel free to share your ideas and opinions about the coming election, of course within the limits of the forum rules, i.e. try not to go too deeply into partisan politics as it doesn't improve the survival chances of this topic. :)

And of course non-EU citizens' views are also welcome.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Your 2014 elections thread is quite interesting to read, especially the posts of the British members due to present situation & the huge Brexit elephant in EP elections 2019 room, one can see the whole thing in perspective. I am going to vote.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
A bizarre sitaution in the UK, with a party started only a few weeks ago by Farage at the top in the polls, and the Conservatives behind the Greens, having difficulty reaching double figures!

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
A bizarre sitaution in the UK, with a party started only a few weeks ago by Farage at the top in the polls, and the Conservatives behind the Greens, having difficulty reaching double figures!
Yes, this time the European Elections show some particularities which deserve a bit of attention:

* UK
British citizens will vote for the European Parliament, knowing that their EU representatives will leave that institution before of next November ... when UK will be out of EU.

* "Sovranists"
Sovereignism is the new main political and sociological phenomenon of the last decade and this time the European Parliament will see a visible presence of "Sovranists".

* Isolationism
The last crisis about immigration, with a substantial closure of EU land and sea borders, has underlined a popular trend to isolate the continent. This phenomenon, unfortunately, has focused the attention of the Europeans on themselves, while in the world a pivotal "final competition" between the two greatest economical powers has begun ... Europeans seem not to note this ...

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
It’ll be interesting to see how politics works after whenever and however Brexit is sorted. Will we see a break up of the existing parties or will normal service be resumed?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions