EP elections 2019

Do you plan to vote on the EP elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Closed

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
No its not the same argument, and its strange that you pretend not to see the difference... Other people's eggs are not yours to break

You are also purposefully ignoring that the rules and the playing field have been changed without consultation... An organization with 28 members , half of which need to be subsidized is not the same as an organization with 12 members
I'm not ignoring anything.

The initial 12 members were the one "letting in" the new members, the initial 12 members were those deciding the rules, it was not the new candidates to accession demanding/imposing the rules.

So yes, You are wrong on this.

You cannot complain about the effects Your organisation has on Yourself, organisation functioning based on the rules You decided and blame the new members or the organization for respecting the rules You decided.

You can complain about Yourself, as You didn't reasoned in advance.

And again, nomatter new and old, rich and poor, as a basic principle, complaining about contributing in a mutualist organisation remains a nonsense.

Do You complain paying Your car accident insurance because You didn't had any accidents? I suppose not.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
I'm not ignoring anything.

The initial 12 members were the one "letting in" the new members, the initial 12 members were those deciding the rules, it was not the new candidates to accession demanding/imposing the rules.

So yes, You are wrong on this.

You cannot complain on the effects Your organisation, with the rules You decided has on You.

You can complain about Yourself, as You didn't reasoned in advance.

And again, nomatter new and old, rich and poor, as a basic principle, complaining about contributing in a mutualist organisation remains a nonsense.

Do You complain paying Your car accident insurance because You didn't had any accidents? I suppose not.
So who is this YOU ?

can you show me WHERE and WHEN voters were consulted ? WHERE and WHEN was their opinion asked about admitting new members ? WHERE and WHEN was their opinion asked about increasing contributions to the EU ? WHERE and WHEN were they asked about deciding the "rules" ?

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
So who is this YOU ?

can you show me WHERE and WHEN voters were consulted ? WHERE and WHEN was their opinion asked about admitting new members ? WHERE and WHEN was their opinion asked about increasing contributions to the EU ? WHERE and WHEN were they asked about deciding the "rules" ?
The accession procedure went on for about 10 years if not longer before the 2004-2007 enlargement, you were asked several times during that procedure, every time when you voted on your national and EP elections. Both starting the negotiations and closing them were voted by your elected representatives in the European Parliament and the accession treaties were ratified by your elected representatives in your national parlament too. If you slept over that decade, bad for you, I'm afraid... Next time before an election comes, consult your political parties position on their stances on EU enlargement, and decide accordingly. (It is totally public information, but as a reminder, there are still other candidate countries waiting for admission and there are ongoing negotiations with them, and now is the time between 23-26 May when your opinion is asked again).

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
So who is this YOU ?

1. EU (still) isn't a state, but a cooperative organisation of sovereign states. States (still) decide EU's competencies.

2. First example coming to mind remains UK. France decided to not approve it's accession. So yes, it's the "old" ones deciding if a new one "may come in" or not. Based on the "old one's" interests/POV, based on the accession process, criteria and rules that the "new one" is to follow/accept.

Really, I think and You and others should a bit closer to how things work with EU.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
It is totally public information, but as a reminder, there are still other candidate countries waiting for admission and there are ongoing negotiations with them, and now is the time between 23-26 May when your opinion is asked again
This!

Thank You Tulun for bringing it.

We should think and vote having that in mind too. Maybe it will spare in a decade from now the time wasted with the "who asked me?" meme.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
The accession procedure went on for about 10 years if not longer before the 2004-2007 enlargement, you were asked several times during that procedure, every time when you voted on your national and EP elections. Both starting the negotiations and closing them were voted by your elected representatives in the European Parliament and the accession treaties were ratified by your elected representatives in your national parlament too. If you slept over that decade, bad for you, I'm afraid... Next time before an election comes, consult your political parties position on their stances on EU enlargement, and decide accordingly. (It is totally public information, but as a reminder, there are still other candidate countries waiting for admission and there are ongoing negotiations with them, and now is the time between 23-26 May when your opinion is asked again).

This is a gross over simplification..... No elections were held on that topic, and the EP elections did not address this topic specifically... We were never asked.....

In fact when elections WERE held on anything similar (e.g. the maastricht treaty) people voted against .... and were either asked to vote again or were simply ignored.... except of course for Brexit.... another instance when people were actually asked a direct question and they seized the chance and voted against the EU

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
1. EU (still) isn't a state, but a cooperative organisation of sovereign states. States (still) decide EU's competencies.

2. First example coming to mind remains UK. France decided to not approve it's accession. So yes, it's the "old" ones deciding if a new one "may come in" or not. Based on the "old one's" interests/POV, based on the accession process, criteria and rules that the "new one" is to follow/accept.

Really, I think and You and others should a bit closer to how things work with EU.
In other words you have no answer....

Jun 2016
England, 200 yards from Wales
This is a gross over simplification..... No elections were held on that topic, and the EP elections did not address this topic specifically... We were never asked.....

In fact when elections WERE held on anything similar (e.g. the maastricht treaty) people voted against .... and were either asked to vote again or were simply ignored.... except of course for Brexit.... another instance when people were actually asked a direct question and they seized the chance and voted against the EU
But isn't it true, as Tulun says, that parties' positions on such question are not secret, and enlargement was an issue discussed over some years.
Sure there wasn't an election on just that specific question (wouldn't that be a referendum?), but that is true of most government policies and legislation.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
A Portuguese deputy in the European Parliament wins monthly over 16 thousand euros.
Ordered minimum in Portugal 600 euros month.

it is not fair, those who earn less, are going to pay for this change of parasites.

Apr 2012
The Netherlands
Why is Britain have EP elections? I thought it voted to leave the EU.
They did, but apparently leaving means bickering for years about exactly how to leave and after not deciding on that repeatedly failing to get a deal through Parliament until the next EU election rolls around. Its a bit pathetic .

Status
Closed