EP elections 2019

Do you plan to vote on the EP elections?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Closed
Oct 2013
Europix

France, under Article 5 of NATO (IIRC) is militarily response to other entity's except France.
NATO is a military alliance.

France decided sovereignly to be part, decides to leave, decides to comply or not.

The NATO itself doesn't decide anything, it's applying the policies the members put in place.

Aug 2009
Londinium
NATO is a military alliance.

France decided sovereignly to be part, decides to leave, decides to comply or not.

The NATO itself doesn't decide anything, it's applying the policies the members put in place.
Agreed. But France is military response for other nations as per their agreement signed by the French Pres?

France is juridically "irresponsible" in military matters to any other entity except France itself, for example. EU isn't.

Oct 2013
Europix
Agreed. But France is military response for other nations as per their agreement signed by the French Pres?
Of course.

But the signature/agreeing is under the sole responsibility of France. Not of NATO. NATO hasn't sovereignity over it's members. NATO is a result of the sovereign decisions of it's members.

It's why NATO isn't a state, but an alliance.

Oct 2013
Europix
So France can decide how much money Germany should contribute into the EU budget wholly within the French Parliament, and this amount then gets included for?

Or, as I suspect, does this decision occur at the EU-level?
Normally, France doesn't decide how much member "x" is contributing. It's negotiating with the member "x", "y", "z" the general frame, quotas, aso.

Unlike in modern states, where budget isn't a soverign competence of the component parts of the state, but of the state itself.

Aug 2009
Londinium
Of course.

But the signature/agreeing is under the sole responsibility of France. Not of NATO. NATO hasn't sovereignity over it's members. NATO is a result of the sovereign decisions of it's members.

It's why NATO isn't a state, but an alliance.
Have I argued for something else?

Al i'm point out is that your previous statement regarding France and their militarily responsible for other nations (NATO members) is incorrect.

Aug 2009
Londinium
Normally, France doesn't decide how much member "x" is contributing. It's negotiating with the member "x", "y", "z" the general frame, quotas, aso.

Unlike in modern states, where budget isn't a soverign competence of the component parts of the state, but of the state itself.
Still avoiding the point I see LOL

I'll try one more time - the EU budget is decided wholly at the EU level with no national Parliaments playing into this decision, such as my France/Germany example?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions