Status
Closed
Mar 2019
Kansas

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Epstein already served time and signed a deal with the government years ago. He has kept a clean life since. So I didn't understand why he was arrested and charged again for the same crimes he had already served time for. I thought he was protected by 'double jeopardy', unless some loophole could be found, that his well talented lawyers couldn't defend. It doesn't matter now any way.

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Epstein already served time and signed a deal with the government years ago. He has kept a clean life since. So I didn't understand why he was arrested and charged again for the same crimes he had already served time for. I thought he was protected by 'double jeopardy', unless some loophole could be found, that his well talented lawyers couldn't defend. It doesn't matter now any way.
That is plain BS

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Isn't "current events" for history in the making or is that no longer how it works?

When it was trending #1 on twitter in the US, with 1.5 mil tweets, I clicked on it. I then had to click on a button I never saw before, warning me about sensitive material, after that I was shown a few tweets from mainstream news organizations and that was all. I wasn't able to see any of the normal tweets, I had to search "Epstein" to see those. That never happened before. It looks like some odd thing they have for stories that have the potential of generating fake news and conspiracies.

Currently, it's not even in the top 20 trending topics in the US, but you can see how much buzz it's generating when you search the name on twitter.

This is so odd.

Mar 2019
Kansas
They are different charges. He did time for securing two under aged prostitutes. The new charges stem from evidence of 'dozens' of underage girls were prostituted filmed and photographed in his home over a lengthy period of time

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Isn't "current events" for history in the making or is that no longer how it works?

When it was trending #1 on twitter in the US, with 1.5 mil tweets, I clicked on it. I then had to click on a button I never saw before, warning me about sensitive material, after that I was shown a few tweets from mainstream news organizations and that was all. I wasn't able to see any of the normal tweets, I had to search "Epstein" to see those. That never happened before. It looks like some odd thing they have for stories that have the potential of generating fake news and conspiracies.

Currently, it's not even in the top 20 trending topics in the US, but you can see how much buzz it's generating when you search the name on twitter.

This is so odd.
It is one of those things where you can really see censorship in action

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Yes. He pleaded guilty to one count of child molestation in 2005 and served three years. There was evidence of many other crimes at this time that were never charged.

He was currently arrested and charged for these older crimes and apparently there is evidence of new crimes since his release

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Yes. He pleaded guilty to one count of child molestation in 2005 and served three years. There was evidence of many other crimes at this time that were never charged.

He was currently arrested and charged for these older crimes and apparently there is evidence of new crimes since his release
His crime record reads like Genghis' conquests

Oct 2010
DC
it depends on which crimes where being tried and which jurisdiction he was being tried under.

Status
Closed