Epstein

Status
Closed

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
I am not so sure about it. Lately investigative journalism reports by a lady appeared in Miami newspaper showing settlements that were highly favorable to Epstein. That incensed too many people which resulted in the second investigation with questionable trumped up charges, that could very likely related to the old ones. Epstein had a non-prosecutorial agreement with his last conviction. A NY judge has yet to decide that is valid in the new situation.

In the mean time he died.
Poor him. You're sympathetic to a child molester and someone who engaged in child prostitution?

Dec 2015
USA
It appears Epstein could not handle going to prison. For some rich folks the moment they step in a jail cell their whole world crumbles. Going from the penthouse to the outhouse if you will. Btw Conspiracy theories happen in dirt poor and corrupt countries not the USA. What Epstein was accused of is the type of crime that society of now and of the past would utterly reject...especially in the Victorian Era...Btw Epstein before committing suicide already plead guilty to sex charges involving children, about as low as it gets right there and thats the key to this IMO...its not like Epstein was adamantly rejecting the charges as innocent men and women have done when wrongly charged.

Dec 2015
USA
You look at a moral coward like Epstein, he could not face jail. Compare that to the central park 5 wrongly accused by folks including the current POTUS. Well the central park 5 while in prison maintained there innocence even amid parole hearings...They maintained their innocence.

Central Park jogger case - Wikipedia

That is what innocent people do, they do not admit to something they did not do. In the case of the central park 5 initially the defendants pled guilty upon police intimidation tactics, but they later withdrew their plea...these were kids after all...Epstein otoh was a grown adult when he was accused and Epstein pled guilty and did not later try and change that plea or claim his innocence

It speaks volumes to me that Epstein pled guilty to a charge that is possibly the worst crime in our world, sexual assault of children that is. Epstein was a weak man, a coward clearly and the hope is he asked forgiveness for his terrible crimes from God or just in his head felt sorry for what he did to those children before committing suicide.

Poor him. You're sympathetic to a child molester and someone who engaged in child prostitution?
I had this discussion elsewhere but was wondering what peoples takes are on the following ...........

Child molester in America but in the UK its legal age (16).

I know one of the girls I think was 15, but as for the rest if they were all 16, in the UK technically he did nothing wrong.

Even offering some of them money (which they took) is no different to prostitution.

I know there's a bit more to it but it looks in summary like a rich guy splashing his cash to get young teens ........... this happens more regulalry among the rich than we think, only difference is this guy was practically a pimp.

Status
Closed