Essay Question Title: What source problems do we face in reconstructing early Republican history?

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
Currently struggling on an essay title for some university course work. Anyone got any, strong, deceptive strong points for me to work off? Currently, I'm writing a paragraph about how Virtus Romana affected non-contemporary historians and therefore our reconstruction of the period. Any points and sources welcome.

Cheers in advance. :)

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
From Historum's Rules tab:

History Homework Policy

Historum offers support and assistance for anyone seeking help with their history homework assignment. Our objective is to guide students by providing sources of information and knowledge to enable them to succeed. When asking homework questions, you're required to show signs of your work before receiving assistance. Some examples to show your work:

• What relevant sources of information have you found?
  • What are the definitions of the key terms in the question?
  • What is the broader context of the question?
  • What is your preliminary position on the topic?
  • If applicable, what major historical events were taking place in the world at that time?
Homework Integrity
Historum wants to maintain our integrity as a community that aids in learning history. When helping others with their homework,
please ensure evidence of their work is provided.

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
From Historum's Rules tab:

History Homework Policy

Historum offers support and assistance for anyone seeking help with their history homework assignment. Our objective is to guide students by providing sources of information and knowledge to enable them to succeed. When asking homework questions, you're required to show signs of your work before receiving assistance. Some examples to show your work:
  • What relevant sources of information have you found?
  • What are the definitions of the key terms in the question?
  • What is the broader context of the question?
  • What is your preliminary position on the topic?
  • If applicable, what major historical events were taking place in the world at that time?
Homework Integrity
Historum wants to maintain our integrity as a community that aids in learning history. When helping others with their homework,
please ensure evidence of their work is provided.
Practice question set for myself, from an essay I didn't choose from essay choices given last year. Currently read “Introduction: Virtus and Historical Writing.” Virtus Romana: Politics and Morality in the Roman Historians, by CATALINA BALMACEDA, University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, 2017. for research.

Similar History Discussions