Eurocentric revisionism?

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Eurocentric revisionism? Look no further than the majority of WW1 histories. See references denigrating the American Expeditionary Force, and the Doughboys' key role in Allied victory? Or statements to the effect that Belleau Wood and the Argonne were "inconsequential?" Pretty straightforward Eurocentric revisionism.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
No serious historian ever claimed that the AEF did nothing in the war.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Eurocentric revisionism? Look no further than the majority of WW1 histories. See references denigrating the American Expeditionary Force, and the Doughboys' key role in Allied victory? Or statements to the effect that Belleau Wood and the Argonne were "inconsequential?" Pretty straightforward Eurocentric revisionism.
And that post could be very well qualified as "US-centrism" by European.

Extremely often, it's very far from being about any "centrism", it's the simple human reflex that what I did is more valuable than what You and others did, what my people did is more than what Your and other people did.

Objectivity is one of the most difficult exercises for the human being.

At Each Kilometer

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
No serious historian ever claimed that the AEF did nothing in the war.
.. but it failed to crush the Reds during Allied Intervention and is responsible for the victory of communism there, the rise of AH, WWII and the cold war. In this order.

janusdviveidis

Ad Honorem
Mar 2014
Lithuania

I actually was taught, that until Americans joined WWI allies were slowly loosing that war. Eurocentrism probably haven't reached Lithuania so far. :D

Oct 2018
US
I actually was taught, that until Americans joined WWI allies were slowly loosing that war. Eurocentrism probably haven't reached Lithuania so far. :D
You may be the first person I have seen on the internet that wasn't an American to say that. Succinct, but entirely accurate.

Jan 2018
Yopaw
It's funny how people always complain about Afrocentric revisionism of history but never try to understand the source of this revisionism

Afrocentrism is nothing but a reaction to Euro-centrism, and the lack of identity in most "diaspora" Blacks. So if you want to see examples of "Euro-centrist revisionism", I suggests you to simply read the claims to which Afrocentrist respond. The Hamitic theory of the likes of C. G. Seligman is a good example, and funnily enough, Afrocentrists use it a lot in their own theories but twist it in a way that would serve as a sort of mythological empowerment for Blacks.

Eurocentrism was also a huge thing after Gobineau's writings became popular, and actually caused the death of people like the Romani.