European Civilization Headed for Extinction?

Jun 2016
Roman Empire
These are mid-range projections. Really quite scary. Can you imagine? a sixth of BRITAIN? 20% of Sweden? I wish people would wake up.

Provocative and Irrelevant graphic removed by moderator.

Aug 2010
Wessex
Some estimates put the Muslim population of Sweden as high as 30% by 2050! But then the Swedes seem to have gone totally mad, seeming to desire the extinction of their own society and people.

I wish I was more confident that Muslim populations in Europe could be successfully integrated.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
USA
This entire premise runs on the idea that migration rates and birthrates are constant. They're not.

People here in the USA were freaking out about Irish and Italian immigrants because they thought they'd sell the entire nation to the Papacy. To this day a hundred years later, Protestantism remains the largest religious sect in the USA by a wide margin.

Unless you are a time traveler I don't see how this topic fits this forum. Try Current Events.
lol exactly, I'm sure this National Front type of topic isn't supposed to be in this forum?

Maybe white Europeans should give back Australia, America, Canada and South Africa back before they start complaining about migrants?

The immigration complaints of Australia and America are particularly ironic, immigrants complaining about more immigrants is hilarious..

Jun 2016
Roman Empire
lol exactly, I'm sure this National Front type of topic isn't supposed to be in this forum?

Maybe white Europeans should give back Australia, America, Canada and South Africa back before they start complaining about migrants?

The immigration complaints of Australia and America are particularly ironic, immigrants complaining about more immigrants is hilarious..

Stop bringing race in to it. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with people who want to bring a MEDIEVAL highly political ideology with Sharia and all that fun stuff in to the heart of western civilization.

Europe is a small continent. They have tons of land. Why don't they just make their countries better rather than try to take over other ones?

Let's take the UK as an example, Churchill would be APPALLED.

And a country like Sweden has a low enough population that 20-30% is absolutely enormous. Entire cultures could go extinct.

I was just there. Sorry, when it looks like people are fresh off the boat from Sharia Law-land that is NOT integration, and it is a serious threat that people like you dismiss, or try to play the race card.

Dec 2015
USA
Stop bringing race in to it. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with people who want to bring a MEDIEVAL highly political ideology with Sharia and all that fun stuff in to the heart of western civilization.
Sharia law is complicated, but secular nations have little to worry about it since by nature, religious laws are technically impossible to implement. More importantly, many Muslims coming into Europe are from places like Syria, Turkey, Iraq, nations where, at least de jure are not Sharia nations. Sharia law is not a factor. They're also fleeing regimes that have instigated especially conservative and rigid practices of Sharia law.

Europe is a small continent. They have tons of land. Why don't they just make their countries better rather than try to take over other ones?
Because a significant reason for why they're leaving is due to European powers messing in the Near East. Literally most of the nations in the Middle East were drawn up by France and the UK after the dissolution of the Ottoman Empire, and the Cold War between the USSR and NATO hasn't done wonders for the region, over the region, either.

Churchill was a good politician, but considering his less-than-stellar views on Indians, Arabs, and Pakistanis, he really shouldn't be taken as an example on how to handle this, especially since many of these Muslim migrants are from nations that used to be part of the British Empire that Churchill himself tried to keep together.

And a country like Sweden has a low enough population that 20-30% is absolutely enormous. Entire cultures could go extinct.
At this point Muslims make about 10% of the population if you're being generous. To provide context, about 10% of the human race is statistically homosexual. There are about as many Muslims in Sweden as there are gay people, and this idea that more than a fourth of Sweden will be Muslim is entirely based on demographic trends continuing unabated for the next 30 years. That's a lot of time for a lot of changes.

I was just there. Sorry, when it looks like people are fresh off the boat from Sharia Law-land that is NOT integration, and it is a serious threat that people like you dismiss, or try to play the race card.
You can't expect people who are either refugees, migrants, visa holders, etc to just suddenly acclimate. Integration and assimilation takes time.

Lol.

Fresh off the boat and not about race ......... apparently?

Serious threat? what like when white Europeans turn up on your shores uninvited? now that's a serious threat, its usually a vanguard for extinction for the natives.

As for your issue with Islam, let me ask you something ..........

Muslims have been in Europe for decades, ........ name me one Sharia law we've adopted in that time? just one?

Oct 2011
MARE PACIFICVM
I think its something more like the end of European nations as cohesive ethno-religious states. For the last thousand years or so, European nations have been overwhelmingly white christians. For a very long time, being a white Christian was what it meant to be European.

Europe over the course of the last thousand years or so was built on layers of identity. First it was "Christendom" in the Middle Ages, and then following the Reconquista and the beginning of the Age of Exploration when European Christians were discovering Africa and the Americas and eventually the Atlantic slave trade, a new layer of "Whiteness" was added to this identity. So by the 1600s the European identity was a White Christian identity. In the 19th and 20th centuries a new layer was added - that being Nationalism. So the European came to mean a White Christian with a parituclar national loyalty and identity.

All of these layers are now rapidly and simultaneous unravelling. Every year Europe is less white, less Christian, and since World War II, less nationalistic.

The palpable tension and unrest across Western Europe is a result, in my opinion, of a thousand years of layered identity suddenly needing to be torn down and replaced virtually overnight. To complicate matters further, it isn't at all clear what the new European identity should look like, or if it is even possible to construct one.

Last edited:
Jun 2016
Roman Empire
I think its something more like the end of European nations as cohesive ethno-religious states. For the last thousand years or so, European nations have been onverwhelmingly white christians. For a very long time, being a white Christian was what it meant to be European.

Europe over the course of the last thousand years or so was built on layers of identity. First it was "Christendom" in the Middle Ages, and then following the Reconquista and the beginning of the Age of Exploration when European Christians were discovering Africa and the Americas and eventually the Atlantic slave trade, a new layer of "Whiteness" was added to this identity. So by the 1600s the European identity was a White Christian identity. In the 19th and 20th centuries a new layer was added - that being Nationalism. So the European came to mean a White Christian with a parituclar national loyalty and identity.

All of these layers are now rapidly and simultaneous unravelling. Every year Europe is less white, less Christian, and since World War II, less nationalistic.

The palpable tension and unrest across Western Europe is a result, in my opinion, of a thousand years of layered identity suddenly needing to be torn down and replaced virtually overnight. To complicate matters further, it isn't at all clear what the new European identity should look like, or if it is even possible to construct one.

We need a New Roman Empire. I will restore Judeo-Christian values to Europe if given the chance to. Most of those countries have had stagnant or declining GDP's for most of the 21st century now, while they worry about stupid things like imposing gay marriage, or how to increase the Muslim population to make up for the low fertility rates. They couldn't do much worse than now. Something radical has to happen to save western civilization. A Europe where a sixth of Britain is Muslim is unacceptable, and it should be to anyone who loves and cares for their country, and same for a lot of the other nations on that map. When they eventually get a majority or close to it you can bet they won't adhere to western liberalism.

Similar History Discussions