European Civilization Headed for Extinction?

royal744

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Most of the migrants in Europe are a product of a Middle Eastern world that was very stable(had been ruled under one large empire or the other since the BC's) until the UK and France came along(which by comparison was less than a century ago).
You might have forgotten to mention the Iraq War by Junior Bush which de-stabilized much of the Middle East.

royal744

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
For those who keep denying that Shariah law exists anywhere

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/14/asia/indonesia-banda-aceh-public-flogging-intl/index.html

Fifteen people, including five women, were punished with public caning Friday for violating Sharia law in Indonesia's conservative Aceh province.

Two men accused of being gay received 87 lashes each for gay sex, while nine others were sentenced up to 26 lashes for adultery. Four people were caned for being drunk, including one woman who received 27 lashes.
Carried out after Friday prayers, the flogging was attended by hundreds of spectators, including children, outside the Baiturrahim Mosque in Banda Aceh, the provincial capital.

And in case one thinks this is just a repressive government... not really

In video of the punishment seen by CNN, people can be heard jeering as the detainees, who are wearing white, traditional koko shirts, are brought up to the scaffold in front of the mosque.

The masses are on board with it and there is much rejoicing.....
We were discussing Europe and the only thing you can come up with is Aceh in Indonesia?

Oct 2013
Europix
1, i disagree, the blacks are going to keep killing the white farmers as long as the government of south africa supports it, if the bandits came to these farms and got a bullet for their trouble i doubt it would continue.…
Exactly what I said: arming the white farmers isn't what will solve the problem. As Yourself said (see the underlined part) the problem comes from elsewhere.

… 2, Modern Africa is always exploding into chaos, the few times the west dipped its toe into actually solving the problem (operation gothic serpent) public backlash pushes them away.

Operation Gothic Serpent as an example of "actually solving the problem" ?

You're kidding, I suppose.

Feb 2016
Atlantic Ocean
Operation Gothic Serpent as an example of "actually solving the problem" ?

You're kidding, I suppose.
i mean the operation went to hell in a hand basket, but it was still direct action against a genocidal warlord and his supporters. it is because the battle went out of hand that the unpopular deployment was accelerated out.

royal744

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
In what way? The USA is guilty of mistreating the First Nations so there's been a broad movement since the 60's for more autonomy and empowerment for the First Nations by the federal government. That's such an example.
American First Nations are sovereign in nearly every way except that they cannot have their own foreign policies. They have defined borders which cannot be violated by outsiders. They have their own police, court systems, judges, etc. They do operate under the umbrella of the US Constitution, however and judicial appeals go to higher courts outside of the reservation judicial system.

Oct 2013
Europix
i mean the operation went to hell in a hand basket, but it was still direct action against a genocidal warlord and his supporters. it is because the battle went out of hand that the unpopular deployment was accelerated out.
The "unpopular" movement was caused largely by the lure that one brilliant operation run with success by "supermen" can solve such a complex civil war as the one in Somalia. People watch too many Spiderman or Captain America movies and believe it's how things work out.

The problem is that it seems even political and military in charge are watching that kind of movies too often too.

Operations in Somalia had deployed at their max around 40.000 personnel.

In a non-state in a multi-faction civil war, with a largely hostile/manipulated population, a territory of more than 600.000 sqkm, with no infrastructures, aso.

A couple of tenths of thousands combat troops for a territory in war, almost as big as France or Texas?

Tis why I was wondering if You're kidding.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
We were discussing Europe and the only thing you can come up with is Aceh in Indonesia?
First it aint the "only thing"

Second it was in response to someone who claimed sharia does not exist anywhere, so for that purpose even Alfa Centauri would have been relevant

Third Indonesia is often cited as an example, as a democracy in the muslim world.. so in that regard its even more significant

Similar History Discussions