European Civilization Headed for Extinction?

Oct 2013
Europix
I was merely referring to the left because that is where most attempts at censorship are coming from nowadays, they used to come more from the right. As to the general unease, malaise, instability of thought at the moment, that indeed runs right across the spectrum, and I think we're unpredictable changes and a certain amount of chaos in the next twenty years or so.
"Coming from the left" is a POV (geographically speaking). If we go in other regions, it's coming from the right. It's why I personally don't like to look at the issue from a left/right POV but as a strong tendency that ignores the left/right dyhotomy.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Yes, I was thinking first of the English-speaking world with regard to censorship; but here one cannot in fact ignore that the attempts are coming almost entirely from one side, along with an effort to regulate the use of language; 'leftcarthyism'! It will be different of course in Hungary or Russia.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Yes, I was thinking first of the English-speaking world with regard to censorship; but here one cannot in fact ignore that the attempts are coming almost entirely from one side, along with an effort to regulate the use of language; 'leftcarthyism'! It will be different of course in Hungary or Russia.
Its not only censorship (i.e preventing someone from saying , writing etc... something) its also "shaping the discourse" in full alignment with Orwell's newsspeak concept.. Changing the meaning of words, inventing new words and defining what is proper and not.....

Sep 2014
Texas
lol exactly, I'm sure this National Front type of topic isn't supposed to be in this forum?

Maybe white Europeans should give back Australia, America, Canada and South Africa back before they start complaining about migrants?

The immigration complaints of Australia and America are particularly ironic, immigrants complaining about more immigrants is hilarious..
The Comanche culture is not related to the Euroinfluenced cultures of Central and South America.

Oct 2013
Europix
You know what is PC, the rage over my son being stopped at airports because of his muslim sounding name combined with lack of rage when he, the same exact person is denied college/employment because he is classified as the privileged WHITE MALE

Yes, I know what is PC, and no, I don't know what is PC.

I think the term of "politically correct" appeared a century ago, in Marxist circles, and it ment what the conjunction of the two words (notions) logically means: an analysis/statement that is correct/false politically wise.

The term was redefined in US by right/conservative circles and glued to the left speech/policy, replacing a couple of words that always existed and defined (still defining) more then accurately the phenomenon: "demagogic", "disingenuous", "langue de bois" in French.

One of the reasons for the need to redefine the meaning of "PC" is for making it specific to only one political position but not another. "PC" is leftist, unlike "demagogic" or "langue de bois" which are unspecific, which can be applied regardless political orientation.

As the political scene is different, "PC" was imported in French, but never arrived to be anchored as in English, nor managed to substitute the "langue de bois", for example.

Lately, speech against establishment, against left, against order in place, against economic policies is reporting itself to "PC", it's validating itself less though what it's proposing but simply though declaring itself as non-"PC".

The dyhotomy "PC" - not "PC" is falsifying everything, as it is not dealing with ideas/policies/arguments but with an antagonism that disregards those.

Bref, if I'm not "PC", I'm right. I'm sincere. I have solutions. Simply because I'm anti-"PC", not because I actually am right, sincere , offering solutions.

"Anti-PC" speech is changing the meaning of words, inventing new words and defining what is proper and not in the same way as "PC". "Non-PC" isn't less censoring than "PC", as both speeches can be identically demagogic, identically disingenuous.

I can hear very well Your example on Your son.

It isn't "PC", it's disingenuous.

Exactly as the opposite stance, declaring that he is incompatible with Western Civilization, based on his name's consonance, based on his skin colour, qualified as "non-PC" (thus "true speaking") is disingenuous.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Its not only censorship (i.e preventing someone from saying , writing etc... something) its also "shaping the discourse" in full alignment with Orwell's newsspeak concept.. Changing the meaning of words, inventing new words and defining what is proper and not.....
Indeed, and that is why it is necessary to be very wary of attempts to control the expression of ideas that most reasonable people disapprove of, such as racist and fascist ideas, because people will redefine statemnets or points of view that are by no means racist or fascist as being racist or fascist. This goes on the whole time, it is a left-wing form of Mccarthyism.

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
lol exactly, I'm sure this National Front type of topic isn't supposed to be in this forum?

Maybe white Europeans should give back Australia, America, Canada and South Africa back before they start complaining about migrants?

The immigration complaints of Australia and America are particularly ironic, immigrants complaining about more immigrants is hilarious..

I don't understand this payback argument ^

The Europeans bearing the brunt of immigration now are not the 'white Europeans' of centuries ago, who colonised 'Australia, America, Canada and South Africa'. They are the descendants of the working class, your everyday average low/medium waged person living in towns and cities, who had no say in any past colonisation. Why should these descendants have to pay. Why should they see their wages hit, their services overwhelmed, such as housing, hospitals, schools, public transport, rising crime and have backward incompatible cultures/ religion forced on them?

There is also a difference between 'complaining about migrants' and complaining about government immigration policy. People want more immigration control, this does necessarily mean they dislike 'migrants'.

Last edited:

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
I don't understand this payback argument ^

The Europeans bearing the brunt of immigration now are not the 'white Europeans' of centuries ago, who colonised 'Australia, America, Canada and South Africa'. They are the descendants of the working class, your everyday average low/medium waged person living in towns and cities, who had no say in any past colonisation. Why should these descendants have to pay. Why should they see their wages hit, their services overwhelmed, such as housing, hospitals, schools, public transport, rising crime and have backward incompatible cultures/ religion forced on them?

There is also a difference between 'complaining about migrants' and complaining about government immigration policy. People want more immigration control, this does necessarily mean they dislike 'migrants'.
There are still some who argue for payback for the Crusades so payback for colonization of Australia is a huge step forward.... a saving of some 600 years ... and all the accrued interest....

Still this guy , Jason Hickel from London university (apparently they like to waste their money there on useless agitators) argues for $45 trillion for India alone..... I dont know how much Britain stole from India (and it sure aint $45 trillion) but I know how much the mathematically challenged Hickel is stealing from the university of London and that is 100% of his salary and other benefits costs...

How Britain stole $45 trillion from India

Similar History Discussions