(Ex) cardinal George Pell you're in hell .

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
From a historical perspective, we can say that the Roman Catholic Church keeps its particular approach to reality. In the Renaissance the Popes had lovers, their families organized assassinations ... Cardinals payed mercenaries to "solve problems" ... but the Saint Church did nothing.

Today I cannot say that things are different. The Roman Catholic Church is still itself.

Jul 2016
USA
If I were the prosecuting attorney, I'd offer Pell full suspended sentence if he talks. Zero jail time. Tell the world, under oath, what is actually happening with the Church and its role covering up molestations.

Dec 2015
USA
Pope Francis has also excommunicated a high ranking cardinal recently. I don’t know of any other modern day leaders of any religion who is out there doing so much amazing work as Pope Francis does to put down criminals, fight oppression and to build bridges instead of building ugly walls.

Vast vast majority people of the world know the Catholic Church is not the problem and never will be and never has been a problem , the undeniable facts is that violence and brutal crime is a worldwide issue. The Church according to us Catholics was founded by Jesus .

Through Catholic history there have been criminals, these are Catholics who have committed crimes of theft murder sexual assault and more. That said The core message of the Church is the message of Jesus which is the message of peace love and equality for all

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
Justice done, however the reason for the suppression order , that publicity may affect another case, was rather dubious. Seems to me like the Catholic Old Boys Club attempting to delay the inevitable for as long as possible. Even them it was pointless. I read about it in the online Washington Post just after the trial. And as for his lawyers comments...how could someone be so utterly stupid?

Jul 2016
USA
Pope Francis has also excommunicated a high ranking cardinal recently. I don’t know of any other modern day leaders of any religion who is out there doing so much amazing work as Pope Francis does to put down criminals, fight oppression and to build bridges instead of building ugly walls.
Lol. How do you think this nonsense up? The Vatican is surrounded by walls that are guarded to keep out unwanted people. This Pope has utterly ignored the sexual scandals, between the pedophilia and the rampant homosexuality inside the seminaries. All he does is talk about far left social justice platforms to the point he's causing a schism in his own Church by ignoring the big problems. Worst pope ever...

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
The Pope never excommunicated the cardinal. He defrocked McCarrick just like all the other priests that were convicted of sexual abuse. The only people the Pope has excommunicated recently are those Catholics who promote gay rights or female ordination or abortion. The latest call for excommunication is for N.Y. Governor Cuomo because he supports a pro-abortion bill. Since excommunication is considered a more severe punishment than defrocking, the Pope must think that supporting gay Catholics or abortion reform is a more heinous offense than buggering children.

Last edited:

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Vast vast majority people of the world know the Catholic Church is not the problem and never will be and never has been a problem , the undeniable facts is that violence and brutal crime is a worldwide issue. The Church according to us Catholics was founded by Jesus .
"Caesar's wife must be above suspicion".

An institution that claims to provide moral guidance and claims the right to define what is right and is wrong as well as to lecture the world, must be exemplary. While individual employees may commit crimes, the institution itself would be expected to react swiftly and decisively for each case of misconduct AND have internal procedures and controls to minimize the risk of misconduct.

The church not only seems to have consistently failed on the above, but it seems to have actually covered up misconduct and crimes... Which means this institution is now viewed as being rotten at the core and not qualified to speak on morals and right and wrong... Historically such perceived misconduct is one of the reasons for the development of protestantism. Sadly the church does not seem to have learned its lesson from that (or has forgotten it)

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
I am not the least surprised that YOU know no other

Vast vast majority people of the world know the Catholic Church is not the problem and never will be and never has been a problem ,
Ha! I am not surprised you have that opinion either ! " The catholic church has never been a problem " !

This is a history forum - I suggest you go ans read some about your church .

the undeniable facts is that violence and brutal crime is a worldwide issue. The Church according to us Catholics was founded by Jesus .
'Us catholics' ... I should have known !

Through Catholic history there have been criminals, these are Catholics who have committed crimes of theft murder sexual assault and more. That said The core message of the Church is the message of Jesus which is the message of peace love and equality for all
More like sacrifice guilt and repression , and believing new born babies are born with a stain of sin that needs to be washed away , and all that other crud the church's main pedophile supported. That is why they are in the position they are in now - and you support it .

One wonders why your Jesus allows these pedo priests to abuse children , in his own church .

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Justice done, however the reason for the suppression order , that publicity may affect another case, was rather dubious. Seems to me like the Catholic Old Boys Club attempting to delay the inevitable for as long as possible. Even them it was pointless. I read about it in the online Washington Post just after the trial. And as for his lawyers comments...how could someone be so utterly stupid?
What sort of lawyer WAS that ! What a thing to say in court ! It made the judge angrier . Wasnt Pell claiming innocence ? He certainly was just prior to the case. Maybe a plea could be changed to guilty with remorse and hope for mercy, but to say, it was 'vanilla' whatever that means ? and the boys should not have been there ... and also admit that Pell did it .

With just one witness / victim , and his word against a Cardinal, who had letters of support and praise from ex Prime Minister and others, he might have won the case . There are a strange breed lawyers - they get paid regardless of the outcome .

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Lol. How do you think this nonsense up? The Vatican is surrounded by walls that are guarded to keep out unwanted people. This Pope has utterly ignored the sexual scandals, between the pedophilia and the rampant homosexuality inside the seminaries. All he does is talk about far left social justice platforms to the point he's causing a schism in his own Church by ignoring the big problems. Worst pope ever...

And he sheltered Pell under his wing at the Vatican. If it wasnt for the outcry, the police and prosecution and the Pope trying to save a little face, he might STILL be hiding in there somewhere.

Similar History Discussions