Examples of "brotherly nations"?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
If you're curious as to why Cambodia never actually acquired the northern Khmer territories, it might be because the Dongrek/Dangrek Mountains separate these territories from Cambodia:

Reactions: martin76

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Yes, very interesting map... When I was in Buriran it was funny to find many people speaks both languages (Thai and Camboyan languages).. So I think some areas in Thailand are brotherly to Cambodge and others area to Laos. Personally I think Cambodia is hotter than Thailand... Buriran is hotter than the res of the country too...

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yes, very interesting map... When I was in Buriran it was funny to find many people speaks both languages (Thai and Camboyan languages).. So I think some areas in Thailand are brotherly to Cambodge and others area to Laos.
Yeah, Thailand's Isan region is comparable to Laos in terms of language and culture.

Personally I think Cambodia is hotter than Thailand... Buriran is hotter than the res of the country too...
Hotter than Bangkok?

Reactions: martin76

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Yeah, Thailand's Isan region is comparable to Laos in terms of language and culture.

Hotter than Bangkok?
Hard to say... for me yes... but I know people say no... however me.... was almost defeated by the Hot in Isan provinces...In Bangkok,... I usually walked from Udom Suk to Mo chit (around 4 hours walking) but in Buriran... not more than one hour!!

And yes, Isan is comparable to Laos.. I think.

Sep 2019
Kentucky
Brotherly nations:

Spain and Portugal
Germany and Austria
Croatia and Serbia
Sweden-Denmark-Norway (Finland? Estonia?)
Netherlands-Belgium-Luxemburg
Austria-Bohemia-Moravia-etc
Poland-Ukrainia-White Russia -Russia (I know how much Poles hate this....but...)

Dear Futurist..

Morocco... NEVER was a French Dominion... it was a Spanish-French Protectorate (and only in 20th Century)....

Spanish language didn´t arrive to USA in 1940... in fact.. it was there... 200 years before 1776... as the same English Wikipedia you can read... Not very much English language in Texas in 1815.... or in California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Oklahoma, Nuevo Mexico.. etc...
Florida was different..although Spanish Dominion from 1513 to 1821 (save between 1763 - 1783)...English language was widely spread in Spanish Florida (due to the very slow Spanish demographic rate) since 1763 ... in fact, between 1783-1821... English language was the first language in Florida.. although Florida was a Spanish Province... Spain was an empire ... languages didn't matter. ... unlike the nineteenth-century Anglo-Saxon immigrants who deliberately destroyed the Spanish and French languages of the former Spanish Dominions... that´s the reason because you wrote Spanish language arrived to USA in 1940.. when the Spanish language arrived to Kentucky and Tennessee at early as 1540...
Brotherly nations:

Spain and Portugal
Germany and Austria
Croatia and Serbia
Poland-Ukrainia-White Russia -Russia (I know how much Poles hate this....but...)

Dear Futurist..

Morocco... NEVER was a French Dominion... it was a Spanish-French Protectorate (and only in 20th Century)....

Spanish language didn´t arrive to USA in 1940... in fact.. it was there... 200 years before 1776... as the same English Wikipedia you can read... Not very much English language in Texas in 1815.... or in California, Arizona, Utah, Nevada, Oklahoma, Nuevo Mexico.. etc...
Florida was different..although Spanish Dominion from 1513 to 1821 (save between 1763 - 1783)...English language was widely spread in Spanish Florida (due to the very slow Spanish demographic rate) since 1763 ... in fact, between 1783-1821... English language was the first language in Florida.. although Florida was a Spanish Province... Spain was an empire ... languages didn't matter. ... unlike the nineteenth-century Anglo-Saxon immigrants who deliberately destroyed the Spanish and French languages of the former Spanish Dominions... that´s the reason because you wrote Spanish language arrived to USA in 1940.. when the Spanish language arrived to Kentucky and Tennessee at early as 1540...
Brotherly nations:

Spain and Portugal
Germany and Austria
Croatia and Serbia

Dear Futurist..

Great facts here. I have a quick question, I've created a podcast about the history of Kentucky and was wondering if you knew or could direct me to some information about specific Spanish explorers who first arrived in Kentucky? Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Cable 1930,
You're not likely to find people in this thread who know the answer to your question. You'd be better served starting a thread on that topic. We like that your first post is asking a question and doesn't go straight to advertising your podcast. We in this community don't really like advertising or self promotion. Asking questions and stimulating dialogue are the ways to get the most out of this website.
- Moderating Team

Aug 2019
Bengaluru, India/Sharjah, UAE
Dude you're from freakin south india and have never been Pakistan, so stop speakin out your @ss.
Im also from south India lived among pakis since birth in UAE. Mughals were enemies of South indian muslims, ACTUALLY that's not accurate lemme rephrase 'against Deccanis'.

So yeah Pakistan is failed state as Mughals got exiled to Burma so it's an attempted successor.

Now why would Deccanis go to pakistan and support an idea of a People whose cultural ancestors basically chopped the heads literally of Deccani ancestors.

You can google it I'm not making this up it's all there. Mughals Calling is crows and kites etc.

Edratman

Forum Staff
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
Dude you're from freakin south india and have never been Pakistan, so stop speakin out your @ss.
Abaseen,

This post is rude and in violation of forum rules and practices. Additional violations of rules and practices will result in tangible actions by the moderators.

The Mod Team