Examples of "brotherly nations"?

Oct 2015
Norway
While geographically Scandinavia is mostly Sweden and Norway, the expression is normally used politically and socially and then Denmark is included. The Nordic countries also include Finland and Iceland.

Reactions: Futurist
Jun 2017
maine
As a side note, I wonder how our Scandinavian and Scandinavian-descent members such as @NordicDemosthenes and @duncanness feel about the idea of the Scandinavian nations being brotherly.
I'd agree with that. Of course, there have been squabbles (some more serious than others) but, from what I've witnessed, today hostilities are pretty much limited to jokes.

Reactions: Futurist
May 2019
Earth
Finland and Estonia might be an example, if nobody's mentioned it yet. I've heard Finns once or twice joke about Estonia being their little brother...

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Finland and Estonia might be an example, if nobody's mentioned it yet. I've heard Finns once or twice joke about Estonia being their little brother...
They understand what the other say, even if they talk funny. And it is a bond, because aside from each other the world is a somewhat linguistically lonely place for both.