Face reconstruction Birger Jarl ( national Swedish hero )

May 2012
London
He was the founder of the capital of Sweden/Stockham and led the second crusade which ruled Finland for 550 years, and possibly responsible for helping Russia conquered Novgorod Republic, he also married the Danish queen dowager, Matilda of Holstein.

(More info)
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birger_Jarl]Birger Jarl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

SOURCE
Rattling Bones - European Histories
Birger jarl 800 år - Historia i Östergötland

Aug 2011
Sweden
He was the founder of the capital of Sweden/Stockham and led the second crusade which ruled Finland for 550 years, and possibly responsible for helping Russia conquered Novgorod Republic, he also married the Danish queen dowager, Matilda of Holstein.

(More info)
Birger Jarl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SOURCE
Rattling Bones - European Histories
Birger jarl 800 år - Historia i Östergötland

Birger Jarl looks very much like a guy who buys cigarettes now and then in my local shop...nice with these reconstructions.

Feb 2012
South Carolina, USA
Face of a Goth

The bottom one is the face of a Goth. The top is of a Roman soldier. From the cover of a book describing the battle at Adrianople, 378 AD. Some type of bronze carving. The Goths were from Sweden, but he dosen't look much like Birger Jarl.

Attachments

May 2011
Bulgaria
Looks like a very good reconstruction! (except I didn't expect a clean-shaven face)
Some of his features remind me of Willem Dafoe!

Similar History Discussions