Falklands War veterans

Jan 2018
North Carolina
Wasn't sure if this should go in the History Help forum, but I decided to put it here since I'm not technically asking for help on a collegiate paper etc.

I'm an author from the states and have started the research stage of an upcoming novel that I will be writing about the Falklands War. I am married to a Naval Officer (Lt. Cdr.), and my wife and I are flying to England in March to conduct on-location research for the novel and hopefully meet with and interview some veterans of the war (I already have one medic from the Galahad lined up).

I was wondering if anyone can assist me with either getting in touch with any veteran of the war (does not have to be naval) or help me pass on a message to any available veterans (if no one is comfortable giving me contact info directly.) Or point me to any sites that might be helpful to attain contact information for interviews. (I already was sent The South Atlantic Medal Association 1982 - SAMA82 > Home earlier today).

Just to legitimatize myself: other than being married to a Lt. Cdr., I have been a police officer since 2002 and have published four novels since 2007, with one of them nominated for a Hugo Award.

Thank you for your time and any assistance anyone might be able to help with.

Nov 2011
The Dustbin, formerly, Garden of England
I will place your request on another forum I subscribe to that is frequented by a large number of Falkland veterans. I suspect that the member-base here is mainly too young. Perhaps you can DM a contact e-mail address to me.

May 2016
Greater Manchester
One of the most famous veterans of the war is Simon Weston CBE, whose face still bears the scars of the horrific burns he suffered onboard the Sir Galahad as it was bombed.

Just click here - Simon Weston CBE - Contact Us - to see the phone number and email address to contact him.

Jan 2018
North Carolina
I will place your request on another forum I subscribe to that is frequented by a large number of Falkland veterans. I suspect that the member-base here is mainly too young. Perhaps you can DM a contact e-mail address to me.
Not sure if the DM went through, as I can't find it in my message box. I don't mind publicly sharing my contact info. If you could place my request on the forum you mentioned, my email is Brian@BrianPaone.com

Thank you!

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes
One of the most famous veterans of the war is Simon Weston CBE, whose face still bears the scars of the horrific burns he suffered onboard the Sir Galahad as it was bombed.

Just click here - Simon Weston CBE - Contact Us - to see the phone number and email address to contact him.
To be fair, since he got the moustach and beard and he's aged a bit the scars arent as noticeable.

Working out if you should offer to shake hands with the guy is a lot more fraught.