Fall of Mohenjo Daro

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
But Saraswati is not a fable or legend. Saraswati is a reality that has left its mark on prehistory and on the memory of man.

The fact that this river has ENTERED fable and legend does not make it any less real than Mount Olympus or Mycenae or the ancient Celtic castles, all of which have been lauded in the "tales and stories" which you dismiss as being without basis. As I have commented on other IVC threads, in every legend or myth there is at least a kernel of fact.
Because its about Pakistani nationalism, Pakistan nationalism is rooted in hatred for Hindus and their history starts with Muhammad Bin Qasim landing in Sindh and defeated the Hindu King Dahir. Since, IVC is believed to be not related to Hinduism, Pakistanis can accept it as their history without confusion. :lol::lol:

About Saraswati river, an ancient riverbed exists between Adi Badri in Himachal Pradesh to Rann of Kutch between Satluj and Yamuna perfectly matching with the description of Saraswati river in the Rigvedic Literature.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
I have agreed with you on so many points in the past; but I really must disagree on the etymology of Saraswati which you propose.
Did I say that I agree with it? I just quoted the paragraphs from Wikipedia. Yes, in Sanskrit, 'rasa' has a distinct meaning of 'juice' or 'water', 'wet'. 'Saras' would mean something wet or having water. 'Nimbu ka ras' (lime juice) etc. Or as in 'Sarita' (River - which flows). I take it more to mean a river rather than a marsh. :)

And the chain of Harappan sites along a particular line clearly shows that a river might have flowed in that region.

Nov 2016
Indus Valley, Pakistan
Because its about Pakistani nationalism, Pakistan nationalism is rooted in hatred for Hindus and their history starts with Muhammad Bin Qasim landing in Sindh and defeated the Hindu King Dahir. Since, IVC is believed to be not related to Hinduism, Pakistanis can accept it as their history without confusion. :lol::lol:

About Saraswati river, an ancient riverbed exists between Adi Badri in Himachal Pradesh to Rann of Kutch between Satluj and Yamuna perfectly matching with the description of Saraswati river in the Rigvedic Literature.
I think you have it wong here. Hatred for Hinduism is no more them hatred for Muslims in India. There has over the decades built up a political rivalry and no one can doubt that there is antipathy against India. But that goes both ways. Look at the rabid anti-Pak sentiment that swirls in this forum from Indian members (with few exceptions like Msnr and Aup., ) who take pleasure at taking a swipe at Pakistan at every turn.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Can we do otherwise? Two terrorists killed in Pulwama yesterday (at least one Kashmiri). It is a daily occurrence along with violation of the cease-fire in LOC. 9 Soldiers and 2 civilians killed in July. Pakistan also must have suffered casualties. Mindless game.

Last edited:
Mar 2014
Canada
It is very unlikely that the IVC people were Dravidians. Prior to the expansion of IA speakers into the area South of the Vindhyas, Dravidian speakers were largely uncivilised and primitive. How can these people go from building civilisations to living in jungles?

The Gond people are believed to be the purest Dravdians and they still retain their Ancient Dravidian lifestyle of swinging in trees and remaining primitive.

The same logic applies to Pakistanis, historically the area that is now Pakistan has been weak and irrelevant. Essentially a stomping ground for foreign invaders while the inhabitants were primitive.

Nov 2016
Indus Valley, Pakistan
The same logic applies to Pakistanis, historically the area that is now Pakistan has been weak and irrelevant. Essentially a stomping ground for foreign invaders while the inhabitants were primitive.
Says a guy from jungles unlimited. So have you ever heard of these -

Soanian Culture
Mehr Garh
Rehman Dheri
kulli
Harappa
Mohenjo Daro
Taxila
Sirkap
Gandhara

I mean 90% of classical history of South Asia begins (IVC) and ends in the region that is Pakistan. No bananas or trees here I am afraid. So "primitive"? Maybe.

Ps. Even the Greeks under Alexander knew this which is why they refused to cross over into modern day India. Maybe there was nothing there to see.

Last edited:
Mar 2014
Canada
Says a guy from jungles unlimited. So have you ever heard of these -

Soanian Culture
Mehr Garh
Rehman Dheri
kulli
Harappa
Mohenjo Daro
Taxila
Sirkap
Gandhara

I mean 90% of classical history of South Asia begins (IVC) and ends in the region that is Pakistan. No bananas or trees here I am afraid. So "primitive"? Maybe.

Ps. Even the Greeks under Alexander knew this which is why they refused to cross over into modern day India. Maybe there was nothing there to see.
Jungles? Lol I'm from the plains of Mithila and I'm closer to Nepalis and Assamese than you Indians and Pakistanis. While your ancestors were being forcibly converted to Islam by random invaders, mine were conquering Kathmandu and creating and propagating one of the oldest languages in South Asia.

Btw aren't you a Pashtun? Considered by many to be tribal savages, you claiming the IVC is like a Roma Gypsy claiming the Prussian Empire.:lol:

Similar History Discussions