Fall of Mohenjo Daro

Mar 2014
Canada
So your a Bihari. *Gulp* No point even wasting my time on you.
No ethnicity known as a "Bihari" I'm afraid, I'm from Rajbiraj Nepal anyway.

Btw could you expand on the connection between tribal Pashtuns and IVC people? I'm very interested. Do you think IVC people practiced bacha baazi?

Last edited:

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
It is very unlikely that the IVC people were Dravidians. Prior to the expansion of IA speakers into the area South of the Vindhyas, Dravidian speakers were largely uncivilised and primitive. How can these people go from building civilisations to living in jungles?

The Gond people are believed to be the purest Dravdians and they still retain their Ancient Dravidian lifestyle of swinging in trees and remaining primitive.

The same logic applies to Pakistanis, historically the area that is now Pakistan has been weak and irrelevant. Essentially a stomping ground for foreign invaders while the inhabitants were primitive.
Rajputs have Gond Dravidian origin. Wiki says the following about the Rajput Chandelas. (Same could be said for Bhatis, Bundelas, and Rathors too, and more, regarding their central Indian tribal origins.)

"The British indologist V. A. Smith theorized that the Chandelas were of either Bhar or Gond origin. Some other scholars including R. C. Majumdar also supported this theory."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandela

Last edited:
Mar 2014
Canada
LOL

The correct way to state this would be "Some Rajputs", and these are actually theories my brother. Just like the theory that Dravidians are descended from Iranians. One look at a Dravidian will reveal how laughable that is.

how to upload an image to the internet

So you see brother, this is why we shouldn't rely on Wikipedia. :) I know it is easy for simple people to use but in the real world it's actually considered a joke of a source..

Last edited:

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
^^ I do not see any real evidence being presented by R. B. Singh to discredit Indologist V. A. Smith or Scholar R. J. Majumdar. What is Singh's academic background - I couldn't find it online?

Last edited:
Aug 2013
Italy
Dear friends, please let us try to be kind to each other. South Asia/the Subcontinent has produced numerous brilliant civilizations over the millenia. Diverse ethnic groups and religions have contributed to this cultural progress. I think that on the IVC threads, we are here to discuss precisely the IVC: a marvellous phenomenon which belongs to very ancient times, long before modern political boundaries had been established.

I am not a South Asian, but rather an archaeologist from Italy who loves prehistoric South Asian culture. The unforgettable Indus Valley Civilization is the patrimony of all mankind. Hopefully the memory of this splendid civilization can bind us in friendship in the future, instead of dividing us.

Peace.

Jul 2014
world
It is very unlikely that the IVC people were Dravidians. Prior to the expansion of IA speakers into the area South of the Vindhyas, Dravidian speakers were largely uncivilised and primitive. How can these people go from building civilisations to living in jungles?

The Gond people are believed to be the purest Dravdians and they still retain their Ancient Dravidian lifestyle of swinging in trees and remaining primitive.

The same logic applies to Pakistanis, historically the area that is now Pakistan has been weak and irrelevant. Essentially a stomping ground for foreign invaders while the inhabitants were primitive.
Wasn't it you who was complaining about Nepalese racism against the Indian origin people. Now you are doing the same thing here. It is quite ironic that a Nepali of Indian origin is looking down on other people.

Similar History Discussions