Fascist Italy invades Yugoslavia

May 2019
Northern and Western hemispheres
In this situation Mussolini and fascist Italy try to conquer Yugoslavia in the late 1930s or early 1940s. How successful will it be?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
It might depend on whether or not France still falls in 1940; if it doesn't, then there's a chance that France would militarily intervene on the Yugoslav side in this war--either immediately or eventually.

Reactions: Kubis Gabcik
May 2019
Northern and Western hemispheres
It might depend on whether or not France still falls in 1940; if it doesn't, then there's a chance that France would militarily intervene on the Yugoslav side in this war--either immediately or eventually.
France still falls here. Also Futurist, I'm thinking about making a thread called the second world war and your nation's history. Do you think I should put in general history or military history?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Keep in mind Yugoslavia was allied with Romania, Turkey and Greece in the 1930s.
And with France before its fall, no?

France still falls here.
Then Yugoslavia is likely to be screwed since even if the Italians won't defeat the Yugoslavs by themselves (and they might very well not, if their experience with Greece in real life is anything to go by), they are probably very likely to get German militarily assistance in doing this--if necessary, up to the point of an outright German invasion of Yugoslavia, as in 1941 in real life.

Also Futurist, I'm thinking about making a thread called the second world war and your nation's history. Do you think I should put in general history or military history?
In Military History, I think.

Might make sense to go back to the original thread?

1933 Italy war plans
I actually previously created a thread about a very similar topic over four years ago:

Reactions: Kubis Gabcik