Favorite Ancient movies

Jan 2013
Minas Tirith
Here are some of My favorites in no particular order:

Spartacus(1959)
The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire
King David(1985 Richard Gere as King David)
Alexander the Great(2004)
Troy(2004)
Julius Caesar(1953 Marlon Brando)
300 Spartans(1962 Richard Egan)
The Ten Commandments(1956)

Mar 2012
Following the breeze
In no particular order:

* Troy (2004) - The only thing that sucked about this movie, is that the first time I saw it, I was with my ex-gf and every time Brad Pit showed up on the screen, she would look at me as though thinking; "if only you were him...":crying:...

* Gladiator (2000) - It's not exactly based on a real events, But what a movies...

* The Last Samurai (2003) - It's also not exactly historically accurate. However it is probably one of my favourite movie of all time...

* King Arthur(2004) - The script was brilliant and clever, the movie absolutely brilliant:)...

* The 13th Warrior(1999) - I forgot to add this one...

I've got many, many more...

Mar 2012
Following the breeze
Here are some of My favorites in no particular order:
Alexander the Great(2004)
I'm surprised you have this movie in your top list. I personally thought this was the worst attempt of depicting Alexander the Great, ever... And I do mean EVER!!!

Poly

Ad Honorem
Apr 2011
Georgia, USA
In no particular order:

The Last Samurai (2003) - It's also not exactly historically accurate. However it is probably one of my favourite movie of all time...
An "ancient movie", set in the 19th century?

King Arthur(2004) - The script was brilliant and clever, the movie absolutely brilliant:)...
You're kidding right?

The script was awful!

The battle of Baden Hill was in SW England, not on Hadrian's Wall

What were the Saxons doing North of the wall anyway? (come to think about it, the high ranked Roman family North of the wall are in a strange location don't you think?)

Battle scenes about as realistic as a cartoon

Kiera Knightley's leather bikini (which she continues to wear even on the frozen lake :)

There was a good movie to be had here if:

1. The Romans were removed from the script
2. Hadrian's Wall nonsense also removed
3. Had a genuine battle and not some "Seven Samurai" V the Saxon Horde
4. Keira Knightley removed from the cast and replaced by a woman who at least looked the part (ie: no skinny girl in a leather bikini that looked as ridiculous as Welch's fur bikini in 1 million years BC)

Jan 2013
Minas Tirith
I'm surprised you have this movie in your top list. I personally thought this was the worst attempt of depicting Alexander the Great, ever... And I do mean EVER!!!

I think it was a little better than Richard Burton's attempt at it in the 1950s

Dec 2012
no particular order

The Ten Commandments

Asterix

Braveheart

Pazhassi Raja

Stargate

Urumi

Apocalypto

Ezham Arivu

1492: Conquest of Paradise