Favourite Emperor of the Antonine and Severan Periods

Who are your favourite emperors from the years AD 96-235 (up to two choices)?

• Nerva

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Trajan

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Hadrian

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Antoninus Pius

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Marcus Aurelius

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Lucius Verus

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Commodus

• Pertinax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didius Julianus

• Septimius Severus

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Pescennius Niger

• Clodius Albinus

• Caracalla

• Geta

• Macrinus

• Elagabalus

• Severus Alexander

• Total voters
Feb 2011
Scotland
????????

Oh I see. We're supposed to be amused over your wit and nothing else. Okay. I can laugh at that reply. But you know, sometimes we like to say something which isn't necessarily connected with the joke you thought was all-important. Just a small point I guess. After all, the hunting of ostriches was thought to be extremely funny in the Roman arena.
Whatever. I didn't think it was important at all. you did. Oh, it only took around 10 months to reply. World is apparently still here despite the massive seriousness of the statement.

Last edited:

caldrail

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
No, I don't think it's important, you kept on posting about it. Clearly you weren't expecting any reply at all. Well that's the internt for you ho ho ho. Go on. Laugh..

Feb 2011
Scotland
No, I don't think it's important, you kept on posting about it. Clearly you weren't expecting any reply at all. Well that's the internt for you ho ho ho. Go on. Laugh..
Makes no sense. ill just refer it. You seem intent upon abusing me.

Caesarmagnus

Ad Honorem
Jan 2015
Australia
I voted Septimius and Hadrian. Hard to vote for Aurelius after his continued insistence on appointing his infant children as heirs. But favourite could be for any reasoning you like. Some people voted for mad men or losers like Commodus and Nerva.