Favourite Roman Emperor - All-Stars (27 BC - AD 641)

Who are your favourite emperors from the All-Stars list (up to two choices)?

• Total voters
What persuaded you to leave out Trajan?
While Trajan did do well in terms of raw votes, he ranked 3rd in his poll and I had decided to include only winners and runners-up. This was for the sake of an even spread of choices reflecting each of the polls conducted. But the Antonine/Severan poll was indeed by far the most popular poll, perhaps unsurprisingly.

Theodoric

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Julius Caesar (don't buy that, "bu-but he's not an Emperor crap! =D) and Septimius Severus is another curiously absent Emperor... although I thought Caracalla was more interesting - though I wouldn't want to necessarily live in his reign!

Anyway, from that list I'd have picked Aurelian, Diocletian, and Constantine - were I allowed three. My favourite figures in Roman history tend not to be Emperors; but they get the most press.

Julius Caesar (don't buy that, "bu-but he's not an Emperor crap! =D) and Septimius Severus is another curiously absent Emperor... although I thought Caracalla was more interesting - though I wouldn't want to necessarily live in his reign!

Anyway, from that list I'd have picked Aurelian, Diocletian, and Constantine - were I allowed three. My favourite figures in Roman history tend not to be Emperors; but they get the most press.
This poll constitutes the winners and runners-up of six previous polls :) If you'd like to vote for Severus or Caracalla, you can still do so in the Antonine/Severan poll that I link to in the first post within this thread. As for Caesar, I don't regard him as an emperor but I'm not currently in the mood for a debate haha. Aurelian, Diocletian and Constantine are great choices, although I do love the Republic as well.

Similar History Discussions