Favourite Samurai warrior?

Sep 2009
He's the dude that beat the famous more orthodox Samurai by making a custom "sword" out of a paddle right? If yes, he is my favorite too.
Yeah, Musashi was awesome too, the fight you are referring too took place on an island, and the guy he was fighting, I forget his name off hand, was the Shogun’s fencing teacher and at the time believed to be the best fighter in Japan. He was the model samurai and turned up dressed immaculately, with his pristine weapons.

Musashi was a master at headology though. He turned up 2 hours late, dressed like a tramp with a sword he had calved out of an oar on the boat ride to the island. This infuriated his opponent which would have affected his fighting ability; Musashi cut him down in 2 moves.

DIVUS IVLIVS

Ad Honoris
Jan 2008
Virginia

Rasta

Ad Honoris
Aug 2009
Minnesnowta
Wooden. Supposedly, his bow had like 200lbs of pull, and he shot the boat slightly below the water line, so it filled with water and capsized. :) It's an old legend.
Cool. Never heard that before. That would be amazing. :D

DIVUS IVLIVS

Ad Honoris
Jan 2008
Virginia
Cool. Never heard that before. That would be amazing. :D
If you think that is cool, you should read the chronicles of the three kingdoms, from china. Some of the greatest military exploits ever in there.

Rasta

Ad Honoris
Aug 2009
Minnesnowta
Yeah, Musashi was awesome too, the fight you are referring too took place on an island, and the guy he was fighting, I forget his name off hand, was the Shogun’s fencing teacher and at the time believed to be the best fighter in Japan. He was the model samurai and turned up dressed immaculately, with his pristine weapons.

Musashi was a master at headology though. He turned up 2 hours late, dressed like a tramp with a sword he had calved out of an oar on the boat ride to the island. This infuriated his opponent which would have affected his fighting ability; Musashi cut him down in 2 moves.
Yes, that is what I was referring to. Apparently Musashi's opponent had a long sword, and he was trying to think of a way around that, that's when he got the idea to make his own, only longer.

DIVUS IVLIVS

Ad Honoris
Jan 2008
Virginia
Awesome. Do you know the author off hand?
I know there was an historical fiction novel written about it by Luo Guanzhang, I think the historical fiction is even better. it is considered one of the great classics of china. Liken it to the illiad only 400x better imo.

It's not about samurai, it's about China, but it's great.