Films on Cattle Drives

Jan 2007
Lone Star Republic
Anyone have any suggestions on a good film about the time of the big cattle drives, say 1870-1880 era? And please, for pitty's sake, do not suggest "Lonesome Dove".

Sep 2006
Korea (but I'm American!)
Well there's "Broken Trail," but it's more about a bunch of Chinese girls than cattle. And of course there's "Open Range" with that wonderfully multifaceted, multitalented, Actor, Kevin Costner.:rolleyes:

Feb 2007
Ohio
Anyone have any suggestions on a good film about the time of the big cattle drives, say 1870-1880 era? And please, for pitty's sake, do not suggest "Lonesome Dove".
Do you recall whether the Chisholm (sp?) Trail was a cattle drive trail? Because there was a very old-timey (probably 1960s?) movie called "Chisholm (sp?)."

Feb 2007
Ohio
What was "Lonesome Dove" about and why shouldn't we suggest it?

Sep 2006
Topeka, Kansas
What was "Lonesome Dove" about and why shouldn't we suggest it?
Lonesome Dove was a mini-series staring Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, and Danny Glover (among other famous people) made in the late 80's. It is based on a Pulitzer Prize winning novel by Larry McMurtry. If you have not read the book, I would personally recommend it highly. I thought the mini-series was actually quite good too. Both Duvall and Jones were great.