Forgive us America

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
The only thing Canada has to apologize for is the way they speak French ! :rolleyes:
I was ab-o-o-t to say the same with English.

When I went there, I find out Toronto only has two syllables. Tronto. So, I asked the guy if the name of the province is Ontrio - but he didn't think that was funny.

Last edited:
Aug 2011
The Castle Anthrax
Despite the apparent effort to troll, this thread supports my experience that Canada is one of a very few nation's that is generally well reguarded throughout the world. I've certainly enjoyed places like Montreal and Vancouver Island. 😁

Oct 2019
West Virginia
I was ab-o-o-t to say the same with English.

When I went there, I find out Toronto only has two syllables. Tronto. So, I asked the guy if the name of the province is Ontrio - but he didn't think that was funny.
Truly, Yanks are in no position to criticize the speech of Canadians! For one thing it is painfully similar to our own in the USA.

Why the word "bottle" should be pronounced "boddle" is beyond my understanding. Perhaps I've watched too much British TV, but USA speech is increasingly painful to my ears.

Jul 2019
New Jersey
On behalf of Canada I'd like to express our sincerest apologies for burning your WhiteHouse in 1814. Please forgive us America. America is a superior Nation in every way.
It's okay, we accept your apology. We know you were powerless slaves to the British and had little say over foreign affairs.

Reactions: sailorsam

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
I've known quite a few Canadians. They all love telling me how nice Canadia is.

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
Canada is very nice. I often visit Canada and shop at the duty free stores before heading back home to the USA. My Camel cigarettes in the US are 11$ per pack but in Canada tury free stores I pay 2$ a pack. In the USA 1 liter of Jack Daniels whiskey is about 45-50 USD but in Canada duty free stores its about 20 USD.

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
Truly, Yanks are in no position to criticize the speech of Canadians! For one thing it is painfully similar to our own in the USA.

Why the word "bottle" should be pronounced "boddle" is beyond my understanding. Perhaps I've watched too much British TV, but USA speech is increasingly painful to my ears.
Secre-TREE.
Ouch.

Feb 2019
Pennsylvania, US
On behalf of Canada I'd like to express our sincerest apologies for burning your WhiteHouse in 1814. Please forgive us America. America is a superior Nation in every way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone has been drinking the Koolaid.