France decides to hold on to Northern Algeria whatever the cost?

Jan 2014
Rus
Yeah, TBH, I really don't get the logic in wanting to incorporate a huge and rapidly growing Muslim population into one's country. If French policymakers in the 19th century were aware of just how much Algeria's population was going to subsequently explode, maybe they would have been more cautious in regards to conquering Algeria--or maybe they would have decided that the only way to permanently keep Algeria French is to ethnically cleanse Algeria of its Muslim population. :(
Muslim's birth rate begun to outrun European only in the mid-XX. Then Muslims got product's of European medicine, technolgies etc. But they didnt spend all their time to create this technologies as Europeans.

If it wouldnt be WWI,WWI and Europe wouldnt fall, then i am not sure that Muslims birth rate would be outrunning.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Muslim's birth rate begun to outrun European only in the mid-XX. Then Muslims got product's of European medicine, technolgies etc. But they didnt spend all their time to create this technologies as Europeans.

If it wouldnt be WWI,WWI and Europe wouldnt fall, then i am not sure that Muslims birth rate would be outrunning.
Why wouldn't Europeans have still created this technology in a scenario without the World Wars?

Jan 2014
Rus
Why wouldn't Europeans have still created this technology in a scenario without the World Wars?
Sorry for my bad English. Looks like you read not that i wanted to write...

Europeans keep creating various technologies. Due to it they lead such a lifestyle when they cannot have many children.

While Muslims only use these technologies, which allows them to feed many children.

Jan 2014
Rus
In world of still leading Europe (without WWI/WWII) Muslims wouldnt get these technologies for free. And this extra fat would keep inside Europe. This would promote extra birth rate among Europeans.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
In world of still leading Europe (without WWI/WWII) Muslims wouldnt get these technologies for free. And this extra fat would keep inside Europe. This would promote extra birth rate among Europeans.
The demographic transition already began in various European countries even before the age of decolonization, though. In some cases, such as France and perhaps even Germany, it began even before World War I.

As for Europeans refusing to share these technologies with the Muslims, I think that this would be unlikely in the long(er)-run since doing this would likely be against the conscience of liberal Europeans.

Jan 2014
Rus
As for Europeans refusing to share these technologies with the Muslims, I think that this would be unlikely in the long(er)-run since doing this would likely be against the conscience of liberal Europeans.
Europeans became liberals only after their loosing :)

Natives could get european technologies, but they had to became europeans by culture. So, i think european population growth would decrease and Muslim's increase anyway. But it would be not in such scale in "Pax Europa".

In addition Europeans could stop Muslim migration even by simple mechanical measures. For example Frenchs could deny Muslim migration to Oran province and keep Europens majority there infinitely long. Even with growing Muslims population around. Look at Israel's example. They do it quite easy. Even when UN and EU supply allows unlimited breeding for Gaza and West Bank's Arabs.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Europeans became liberals only after their loosing :)
Even beforehand, though, there was still a belief about how Europeans need to uplifting the nonwhite races on the world.

Natives could get european technologies, but they had to became europeans by culture. So, i think european population growth would decrease and Muslim's increase anyway. But it would be not in such scale in "Pax Europa".
Or they could simply have Europeans bring over these technologies to them, no? I mean, I would think that colonial subjects would be extremely angry if Europeans are depriving them of a good quality of life--perhaps even being angry enough to rebel.

In addition Europeans could stop Muslim migration even by simple mechanical measures. For example Frenchs could deny Muslim migration to Oran province and keep Europens majority there infinitely long. Even with growing Muslims population around. Look at Israel's example. They do it quite easy. Even when UN and EU supply allows unlimited breeding for Gaza and West Bank's Arabs.
Israel is an independent country, though. However, Yes, you are correct that if European countries really wanted to, they could regulate internal colonial migration in order to achieve a more desirable demographic balance. Still, AFAIK, Europeans weren't too active in regards to playing around with the demographics of their colonies. For instance, I think that Oran was much more European in the 1910s than it was in the 1950s or 1960s simply because France apparently didn't bother regulating Muslim migration into Oran.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, I don't think that internal migration in Palestine was regulated very much before the creation of Israel and the British departure from Palestine, was it?