Free will 2

funakison

Ad Honorem
Oct 2012
Between a rock and a hard place
I hope that i am old enough to know right from wrong so If i chose to do something wrong, it is still me exercising free choice but doing it ib a negative and wrong manner.

Aug 2010
Wessex
If one believes in free will than one should not be understood to "give in" to anything but rather to opt to act one way or the other
It is in fact possible to give in to temptations of various kinds in the full awareness that one is doing so, and in a wholly passive manner; not to exercise one's free will by resisting is also, in its way, an expression of free will.

Mar 2012
Following the breeze
if you believe in free will, why do some people give in to sin and others don't?? if you say they give in to the 'devil', then why??
I am not sure that people have "free will", to me it is more an illusion. However, to someone like me, your statement makes no sense at all:suspicious:. What do you mean "why do some people give in to sin..."???

One persons definition of "sin" could be completely different to the next person.... So what "sin" are you talking about???

ok

I am not sure that people have "free will", to me it is more an illusion. However, to someone like me, your statement makes no sense at all:suspicious:. What do you mean "why do some people give in to sin..."???

One persons definition of "sin" could be completely different to the next person.... So what "sin" are you talking about???
any sin...anger, hate, etc....my other thread was about murder...why are over 85% of murders committed by men if there really is free will?? do men have less free will to murder??

Similar History Discussions